Creating a Winning CV
Worried about the jobs market after Brexit? Looking for a change of direction or the next step in your career? Check out this webcast by Victoria McLean’s to find out how to write a CV that will open doors and help you stand out from the crowd.
This webcast organised by the CFA UK’s Soft Skills working group covers how best to present your experience and what recruiters look for in CVs including:
- CV evolution - how AI and algorithms can make or break your career (beat the CV robots)
- Soft skills to avoid in your CV - how to show, not tell
- The three essential items that every bullet point must include
- Being 'smart' - how to sell yourself every step of the way
- Avoid the formatting errors that guarantee rejection from most CV screening systems
- And the two mistakes that spell rejection from 97% of hirers
Victoria established City CV in 2008 following a successful career that included steering recruitment at Goldman Sachs and Merrill Lynch.
City CV works with clients across the globe, including the UK, US, Asia, Australasia, Europe, and the Middle East, as well as top international business schools. City CV regularly wins major international industry awards, including Best Executive Resume, Best Finance Resume, Best International Resume, and Best New Graduate Resume in Career Directors International’s Toast of the Resume Industry. Known as “The CV Queen,” Victoria is regularly featured in leading media, including BBC Radio, Channel 4, the Guardian, the Telegraph and the Financial Times.