Head of Compliance Risk Monitoring Team, VP - EMEA
The Compliance Risk Monitoring Team (CRMT) is a critical component of the overall Compliance Oversight Program (COP) at State Street. Performing Monitoring & Surveillance activities over areas of high Inherent Risk is essential to conclude on the adequacy of the COP internally, the Regulatory Posture of the Business Unit, and to identify enhancements for State Street's global compliance control environment. The CRMT Regional Oversight Liaison - Head of CRMT EMEA, Vice President will have a dual reporting line into the Global Head of CRMT, who is responsible for directing and overseeing the Monitoring & Surveillance activities performed centrally on behalf of Corporate Compliance, as well as to the Head of Compliance EMEA, who will provide direction in regards to local and regional EMEA Compliance requirements.
In this highly visible role, the CRMT Regional Oversight Liaison, Vice President will:
- Liaise with local and regional Compliance Advisory, Business Unit Management, and local Regulators in EMEA to promote CRMT and the benefits of a central Monitoring & Surveillance function;
- Liaise with legal entity Compliance Advisory teams in region and the global CRMT to ensure provision of appropriate MI to legal entities and enable Advisory teams to have appropriate oversight of the Monitoring and Surveillance they have outsourced
- Lead a team of CRMT analysts across the globe that is responsible for the design and execution of efficient and value add Monitoring & Surveillance for one or more risk themes; and,
- Work with CRMT and Compliance Advisory colleagues to endorse a strong, global culture of Compliance.
This position is perfect for an individual who has expertise in risk assessment, internal control, compliance, or audit functions in the Financial Services sector, who has experience leading large teams of employees, who possesses strong attention to detail and coordination capabilities, and who thrives in a fast-paced environment. It is a role from which a successful candidate may develop a career further in Compliance or in other risk and control areas.
- Lead a global, diverse Monitoring team in multiple geographies.
- Work with regional and local Compliance Advisory colleagues and Senior Management as a trusted compliance partner to build on the global CRMT presence.
- Hold meetings with, and report to, regional and local Business Unit Senior Management on the mission of CRMT and the status of Monitoring & Surveillance design and execution.
- Alongside local senior compliance officers, answer inquiries and meet with regulators in the EMEA region, as needed.
- Establish and maintain relationships with other CRMT staff members globally.
- Build and maintain a high performing team in support of CRMT, ensuring staff has the requisite technical regulatory compliance knowledge required to effectively design and execute M&S
- Provide coaching and development opportunities to staff and complete and deliver performance reviews timely.
- Provide oversight and coordination for local legal entity requirements to meet EMEA outsourcing policy with respect to the Monitoring and Surveillance the compliance teams have outsourced to other entities.
- Identify real-time CRMT process improvements and suggest resolutions when applicable.
- Monitor applicable regulatory changes and provide effective change management to address such changes; keep abreast of new products technologies and applications as well as their implications for assigned area.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the COP Methodology as well as a broad understanding of the entire Corporate Compliance function at State Street Corporation.
- Perform management oversight to ensure that M&S plans are designed and executed accurately.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree, Master's degree preferred
- 10+ years of financial services experience in Compliance, Internal Audit, and/or Risk Management
- Significant experience designing and executing monitoring, surveillance, and/or testing
- Proven record supporting, partnering, or interacting with internal business clients in regards to compliance
- Knowledge of COSO, COBIT, and/or IPPF
- Strong leadership with high situational/organizational awareness and excellent interpersonal skills
- Collaborative mindset, working as a team in dual reporting situations as well as under service level agreements
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed organization
- Outstanding work ethic and drive for increasing responsibility
- Highly organized and with willingness to “roll-up their sleeves” to get things done
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Clear and succinct communication skills
- Professional certification(s) such as Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), Certified Risk Professional (CRP), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) are preferred