Fund Controller - Real Estate
Our Client is an established, commercial real estate investment firm. Their current AUM is over €3 billion and the assets are spread across UK and Europe. They are active within the commercial real estate markets and have shown significant and steady growth over the years. They are now looking for an experienced Fund Controller to join their London office.
The Role will be working closely with the investment and finance team with a direct report into the CFO. The duties will include the following;
- Preparing all of the investment performance and fund performance calculations.
- Ensuring that fund level information on real estate investments is properly captured and regularly updated to allow fund performance analysis to be undertaken.
- Responsible for the complete management and investor reporting, including quarterly investor reports and/or bespoke reporting.
- Working with the relevant teams/directors to ensure investment cash flows are updated and are presentable (to be used for fundraising and investor relations).
- Undertaking ongoing analysis of individual investments and projects with the Senior Management team for decision making purposes.
- Working with senior management with capital raising requests i.e. questionnaires and financial performance data and so forth.
- Leading the implementation of a new fund performance system.
The Person must hold a relevant finance or real estate degree and CFA qualification is highly desirable (but not essential). The applicant will have at least 5 years real estate or private equity experience with a thorough understanding of investment/fund performance. The successful person must have a keen eye for detail along with strong financial modelling and performance analysis experience. This role is best suited to a confident self-starter, who is able to work independently and without supervision. Good, solid communications are a must as this role requires a lot of liaison with external investors. This is a good opportunity to join a stable and successful business. Please note an additional European language will be advantageous.
Based in Mayfair in London, Trident are a specialist, boutique real estate recruitment consultancy who identify talent in property, finance and accounting.
As a market leader we offer innovative, flexible and tailor made holistic solutions to the global real estate markets.
Established for 25 years and with over 75 years of experience at partner level, we are a consultancy with the breadth and depth of knowledge of the various trends facing the property industry, so essential in the light of continuing changes in global real estate, private equity and fund management.
We believe in working in the capacity of partner with both candidates and clients alike, working in synergy with them and growing organically, acting with ethical integrity every step of the way. A proven consultancy, driven by the changing market, who can add real value, both vertically and strategically and who are able to make a real difference by identifying real talent.
We can offer both global and local market expertise and successful solutions for unique, complex and difficult recruitment remits. Our team of experienced consultants can not only help identify your next career move and challenge but also offer objective consulting opinion and guidance on interviewing, market trends and salary benchmarking.
If you are looking for a new job or a career change within the real estate sector - Trident are always keen to hear from quality candidates, both from the property industry and other sector disciplines, ready to rise to a new career challenge. Our service to candidates is based on professionalism, a dedication to understanding your career needs and total confidentiality and discretion.