Senior Global Emerging Market Equity Analyst - Asset Management
A truly unique career opportunity for an ambitious equity research focused candidate, who, has a demonstrable interest and connection with Global Emerging & Frontier Markets. Of particular interest with Emerging EMEA and Latin America.
Predominant EM Asia would not be of particular interest as this skill-set is held elsewhere in the business.
My client has a strong ESG focus, and, is looking for a creative and independent thinker who can ignore consensus, source and present long-term investment ideas with a high level of conviction.
Role for the career minded.
- This is a newly create role working for a very entrepreneurial, ESG focused, largely Emerging Market focused boutique asset manager with strengths across Global Emerging and Frontier Markets
- Represents an opportunity to work in an environment with passionate, like minded, talented and proactive individuals and to become an integral part in the building of an enterprising investment management firm
- Working specifically for a highly respected and experienced Senior Fund Managers, this research and portfolio management oriented role will focusing on the GEM fund, providing creative investment recommendations for inclusion within the it, and, in my clients' other specialist global emerging & frontier funds
- Research responsibilities will include the undertaking of proprietary fundamental analysis of companies, consisting of an assessment of company strategies and building financial valuation models. The investment analysis will be documented in accordance with my clients' investment process, and, you must demonstrate that you are an independent thinker, and, not somebody who simply agrees with consensus
- Undertake in-depth analysis of industries on global, regional and local basis in order to understand its relevance at a company specific level
- This role will be sector agnostic, although, if you have experience in researching industrials, financials, discretionary, IT, oil & gas services, that would be particularly relevant
- Research material non-financial factors in order to assess companies compliance with environmental, social and governance factors, implementing my clients' ESG methodology.
- Contributing to weekly global macro review, working closely with internal Macro strategist
- The portfolio management aspect of the role focuses on contributing to asset allocation in terms of country allocation and sector/industry selection, and, in time you will be asked to act as back up to the portfolio manager
- Contributing to portfolio construction focusing on right sizing of conviction driven positions
- You will possess a very strong record of academic achievement and rigour, along with tertiary education / qualifications including perhaps a Masters Degree, MBA or CFA
- It is likely you're a GEMs Equity Analyst / Portfolio Manager now, or, have holistic experience focused over the years on a wide range of Emerging regions
- Be passionate about emerging markets with strong knowledge of a range of Emerging and Frontier markets - Emerging EMEA and Latin America most relevant. Pure Asiam or African EM experience not or interest here as skillset is held by others in the wider team
- You will be worked as a Senior fundamental Equity Analyst with a strong understanding of macro-economic drivers and their impact on businesses, along with an excellent understanding of financial statement analysis, valuation methods and financial modelling
- A strong understanding of equity markets is essential. An appreciation of conducting credit analysis would also be relevant and helpful, as would some more formal portfolio management skills
- Knowledge and experience of Portfolio Management would be helpful. Certainly this is the career trajectory for this role
- As mentioned above, my client is looking for an independent thinker who is broad in their way of thinking and doesn't get swayed by consensus or is biased to one approach. This role is about finding investment opportunities that others will have missed
- Be results driven and an independent thinking professional
- Strong, clear and precise verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and have an excellent approach to work, ability to prioritise work load and deliver on targets
- Ability to work well under pressure and hold a team player mentality
- An ESG focused, growing, entrepreneurial, and ambitious Emerging Market Investment Management business
- Situated in the heart of London within very close proximity to excellent transport links
- A culture that promotes both personal and professional development