Senior M&A/ Corporate Development Manager, Global Business
Our client is a very successful FTSE business, who are now looking to recruit a Senior M&A Manager into their team. The business invests significant amounts of capital, both organically and through acquisition, to expand their global footprint and capabilities.
As a Senior Manager in the Corporate Development team, the successful candidate will be responsible for Merger, Acquisition and Divestiture projects across the UK&I and EMEA regions to enhance existing business offerings.
There is considerable variability and visibility within the role and a technically-strong, commercially-insightful and well-rounded corporate finance professional with M&A and / or principal investor experience is essential.
This is an outstanding role for an experienced candidate looking to take their next career-step within a fast-paced and acquisitive FTSE100 company.
Key Role Activities:
End-to-end management of the day-to-day transaction process, from origination and initial evaluation through to completion:
- Interfacing with business units and strategy teams to determine inorganic strategy.
- Meeting with potential acquisition targets and creating relationships with management teams.
- Advising senior finance team members on preparing detailed financial projections, financial models and scenario analysis.
- Developing complex valuation models and preparing complete valuation analysis, incorporating DCF, trading comparables, transaction comparables and alternative valuation methods.
- Preparing analysis to determine deal structuring options.
- Assisting in the negotiation of heads of terms and key legal documents including sale and purchase agreements.
- Preparing key documents for the internal deal approval process, including Board-level reporting and review.
- Managing due diligence processes with internal and external stakeholders.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creating strong personal networks with investment banking and sourcing contacts, management teams of potential targets and business leaders.
- Maintaining knowledge of sector-specific deal considerations
- Researching and monitoring sector specific-trends, transactions and potential acquisition targets and reporting highlights to executive staff.
3. EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Relevant experience in M&A, Corporate Development, Investment Banking, Private Equity, or closely related financial experience.
- Experience working on M&A transactions of various sizes, types and complexities in the UK and internationally
- Proven experience in negotiating and completing complex M&A, investment, partnership and / or JV transactions.
- Proven ability to formulate informed positions and influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven ability to assume leadership positions, interact with executive management, and work with a variety of clients & stakeholders.
Qualifications and Languages:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Professional finance qualification (ACA, CA, CFA or equivalent).
- Working knowledge of European languages may be an advantage.
Other Desirable Attributes:
- Desire and ability to operate in an entrepreneurial, small team environment focused on expanding the company's existing footprint and business platform throughout the region.
- Ability to guide and develop more junior team members.
- Ability to maintain investment banking and sourcing contacts, monitor M&A and industry activities and report highlights to executive staff.
- Excellent quantitative analysis skills with emphasis on financial modelling.