Business Analyst - Global Trading
Role & Responsibilities:
- Development and implementation of trading policies, procedures and workflows that incorporate best practice protocols and meet compliance and regulatory requirements from both a global and regional perspective.
- Serve as a key business support resource for EMEA and APAC dealers, as well other front office personnel on trading related matters.
- Liaison with business partners (e.g., Trading desks, Investment Operations, Legal, Compliance, Risk) to support on-going trading operations, including pro-actively addressing internal and external changes that affect the business.
- Working with both internal business partners and external vendors, support trading related technology needs including:
- Management of current operating systems.
- Implementation of system enhancements and upgrades to existing applications
- Deployment of new applications.
- Support trading related reporting requirements:
- Regulatory reporting.
- Internal reporting for management and boards.
- Performance reporting and analysis.
- General trade related reporting.
- Support Investment Committees that oversee trading activities.
- Management of small to medium size projects, usually requiring developing solutions to meet changes in the operating environment or address issues that arise.
- Assisting with the management of vendor services for the trading platform.
Skills & Experience:
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to produce effective recommendations to senior management and drive solutions.
- Energic and self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build effective relationships.
- Logical approach, strong analytical ability, methodical with attention to detail.
- Ability to assess business activities/processes and identify gaps/scope for development/enhancement.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and projects concurrently.
- Knowledge of asset management processes, technologies and products.
- Educated to degree level with an additional professional qualification (e.g., CFA, ACCA) preferable.
This is a great opportunity for an individual who can engage with a wide range of stakeholders, both across the business and externally, on a variety of issues / projects as they arise. This role will have good visibility and responsibility, so it requires someone who can assess matters and critically think solutions through. It will allow a springboard to more senior level business management opportunities in the future, across a range of functions.
Please note that only successful applicants can be contacted.