Senior Investment Analyst
You will actively contribute to the delivery of Zurich's investment strategy. In particular you will lead the oversight of external investment management activity across a broad range of asset classes; supporting the development and delivery of new investment solutions; and supporting the shaping and execution of investment strategy for the company's on balance sheet assets.
- Support Senior Managers with investment management oversight and investment mandate maintenance, including maintaining day-to-day relationships with external investment managers.
- Support the Investments Senior Managers on review and implementation of potential investment strategies across Unit Linked, Regulated Fund and Balance Sheet areas.
- Lead on investment governance standards ensuring proven compliance with internal and where appropriate regulatory requirements.
- Actively lead projects and tasks, set appropriate expectations, control frameworks and hit deadlines.
- Deliver high quality and timely reporting on Strategic Asset Allocation, Asset Liability Management & Investment Income.
- Form relationships and communication with key company partners, particularly with Sales and Distribution, Propositions, Risk, Actuarial and Group Investment Management to identify and plan for investment risks and opportunities arising.
- Act as investments subject matter expert to support the wider investment team as appropriate.
- Understand and stay up to date with the local market and macroeconomic situation that may affect or provide opportunities with respect to implementation of investment strategy.
- Support internal and external related requests as appropriate e.g. development of reporting for the Investment Committee, or supporting the regulator in reviews.
- Inspire individuals to achieve excellent performance through personal leadership style and behaviours.
- Motivate, coach and develop individuals to maximise potential.
- Develop culture of continuous improvement focused on improving the service provided.
Your skills and experience:
- An investment qualification is an advantage e.g. CFA qualified - or significant progress towards achieving, Actuarial qualifications also considered.
- Experience within an investment management and/or investment manager oversight function
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to challenge the positions and views held by external parties.
- Ability to identify and develop appropriate investment solutions to meet requirements.
- Ability to identify potential sources of risk or underperformance and mitigating actions.
- Market and business awareness.
- Persuasive communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Strong partner and relationship management skills.
- Good understanding of global asset classes, valuation techniques, derivatives, risk. management, investment strategies and styles and portfolio management techniques.
- Familiarity with Solvency II methodology in relation to assets.
- Familiarity with FCA rules for collective investment schemes.
As well as a competitive salary we also offer an excellent lifestyle benefits package which includes -
- 25 days' holiday plus an additional 3 volunteering days
- 12% pension
- Annual company bonus scheme
- Company car/car allowance
- Full private medical cover
- Discounted gym membership,
- Discounted gadget insurance
- Discounted technology offers
- Virtual GP appointments
- Free flu jab
- Discounted will writing service
Who we are:
With about 55,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees. If you're interested in working in a dynamic and challenging environment for a company that recognises and rewards your creativity, initiatives and contributions - then Zurich could be just the place for you. The success of our business is built on the contributions of our highly talented employees - people who work every day to position us at the forefront of the insurance industry. We therefore look to hire great people and we support those people to give their best.
You'll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich, we aim to have a diverse mix of employees that reflects our customers and the communities in which we live and work. Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome, regardless of age, gender, religion, ability, culture, sexual orientation or mental health status. Our approach ensures that Zurich is a place that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.