Head of Risk
• All activities within Risk Management, which covers Basel Implementation, Portfolio management, Risk Policy, Risk Data and System, Provisioning, Market Risk, Operational Risk, and Risk support etc.
• To enhance the Bank wide framework for identifying, measuring, evaluating, controlling, monitoring and reporting the credit, market and operational risks. Co-ordinate with other Second Line areas (Credit Risk, Compliance, Liquidity etc) for enterprise-wide risk management.
• Capital Adequacy planning (ICAAP).
• To support sustainable and healthy business development at acceptable risks to the Bank
• To ensure the timely maintenance and consistency of risk policies and procedures across the Bank, and also to ensure the group policies and regulatory requirements are adhered to.
• To maintain good communication with Head Office
Skills/ Experience required
• Degree educated in a finance, business or economics discipline
• Relevant professional qualification (e.g. MBA, ACIB, FRM, CFA).
• Experience of performance management and staff development
• Abundant experience in Basel II and III implementation, especially in credit, market and operational risk quantitative models and tools.
• Thorough knowledge of banking products and risks associated with them including portfolio management, operational and market risk.
• Thorough knowledge on Enterprise wide Risk Management (ERM) and risk universe management.
• Experience of default modelling and IFRS9
• A strong understanding of Basel , PRA/FCA and EU regulatory requirements.
• Professionalism, vision, communication and management skills.