Senior Product Specialist, Equities
Role & Responsibilities
- Partners with Sales teams to provide consultation, guidance and expertise on products and investment topics to clients (e.g. intermediaries, institutions, etc.) at meetings and events.
- Leads projects to assess investment products, market trends, and the competitive landscape to evaluate the health of the firm's product line-up and make strategic recommendations.
- Utilises expertise to contribute significantly to thought leadership and product commentary.
- Prepares content and conducts training for colleagues related to product launches, increasing general investment acumen of the business, and satisfying regulatory requirements as needed.
- Responds to complex internal and client queries regarding product attributes, positioning, or other complex investment product topics as required.
- Supports product strategy with input on existing product enhancements and new product development initiatives.
- Provides guidance and mentorship to junior members of the Product group.
- Support the business with knowledge of relevant regulatory regimes (e.g. PRIIPS, MIFID II) and assistance with product governance initiatives as needed.
- Prioritises and mediates between competing demands from other departments while demonstrating strong stakeholder awareness.
- Participates in special projects and other duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience
- Expertise in the principles of active Equity strategies and how they benefit a range of investors' portfolios. A knowledge of passive Equities strategies is also advantageous.
- Deep understanding of the investment industry, the mutual fund and ETF market landscape, and keeps abreast of new industry trends and developments both in Europe and internationally.
- Knowledge of general asset management principles with a strong knowledge of the investment strategies employed in the product line-up.
- Very strong interpersonal communication skills and superior written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of the firm's business strategy, ethos, and competitive advantage.
- Minimum of seven years of industry experience with a high degree of technical investment knowledge.
- Undergraduate degree (or equivalent) required, with a strong preference for an advanced degree or CFA charter.
- Proven self-starter with ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new concepts quickly and complete multiple and diverse assignments with the highest level of quality and accuracy.
- Unquestioned ability to handle highly confidential material.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications (PowerPoint, Word and Excel), with experience using FactSet, Bloomberg, Aladdin, and Morningstar also beneficial.
The firm is enjoying considerable growth, particularly within its European platform and so this is a fantastic opportunity to work in a dynamic environment and make a real impact with your ideas and output.
Please note that only successful applicants can be contacted.