Corporate Development Manager
Our Corporate Development team is responsible for driving the short and long-term growth of Cognizant in tandem with our organic growth efforts. Members of Corporate Development work closely with multiple business units within the Cognizant organization to identify and evaluate M&A, investment, and strategic partnership opportunities.
We are looking for a highly intelligent, motivated Corporate Development Manager to assist with managing multiple strategic M&A and investment initiatives. Our successful candidate is passionate about deriving facts through extensive financial modeling in a fast-moving, changing environment, requiring sophisticated analysis. You have to be a self-starter who enjoys uncertainty and explores opportunities autonomously in a goal-driven environment. You must be capable of generating accurate results in a complex environment.
- Work as part of a small team of professionals tasked to identify, evaluate, and execute M&A, investment, and strategic partnership opportunities.
- Evaluate target companies and help provide insights and recommendations to key Cognizant decision makers.
- Understand business unit requirements and perform M&A and investment analysis and modeling to meet their needs.
- Assist in driving all aspects of M&A execution, including financial modeling and valuation, development of investment committee materials, coordination of cross-functional project teams and external advisers, due diligence, term sheet preparation, and negotiations.
- Bachelor's degree; MBA and/or CFA would be a positive.
- Strong direct M&A experience in Investment Banking or Corporate Development, ideally with a focus on the technology industry.
- Ability to work under pressure and comfortable with uncertainty and handling multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Strong financial modeling and analysis skills. Well-developed data analysis and problem solving abilities.
- Very strong business acumen and structured thinking.
- Solid communication skills. A European language at native speaker level would be a positive.