A leading international, multidisciplinary consultant with offices in London and throughout the Gulf States, Middle East and Africa, is seeking to recruit a financial analyst to work in its London office.
Dar is dedicated to planning, designing, engineering, management and consulting for the world's most important and exciting projects. Together with our team of experts, we embrace challenges to empower our communities worldwide. In suburbs and city centres, deserts and metropolitan areas, war zones and sacred shrines, our projects shape our people's lives and in everything, we seek progress for our communities.
This position sits in the Dar Economic Advisory practice. Dar's Economic Advisory practice uses the fundamental principles of economics and finance to address our client needs for sound financial and commercial decision making. We work across sectors including but not limited to Environment (Utilities, Energy, Waste & Renewables), Transport (Railways, Roads, Airports, Ports), Social (Education, Health, Accommodation), Real Estate and Regulated Assets (Gas Pipelines, Water Market). We draw on the breadth of Dar Group's deep sectoral expertise and underpin our work with rigorous, evidence-based quantitative and qualitative analysis.
This position requires a highly motivated problem solver with solid financial analytical ability, strong organizational skills, and a desire to work with the financial Analyst/Modellers and Economists to deliver optimal results to clients. The Analyst/Modeller will contribute to building, operate and maintain the financial models that sit at the heart of the financial and market feasibility projects that support our Clients in making financially sound business decisions. This will include working with internal colleagues to develop specific models; undertaking financial analysis; rigorous sourcing of data and information; creating presentations; participating in client proposals. The role brings expertise to the process of developing complex project models for business, real estate and infrastructure development projects which guide the development process thorough planning, phasing and forecasting, transactions (corporate finance and project finance), decision support, risk analysis and business information.
To service Dar Group's international client base for all manner of financial modelling, financial analytical solutions and advisory to support strategic and financial decisions such as feasibility, fundraising, valuations, refinancing, project finance bid etc.
- To design, build, audit and deliver complex financial, transaction & operating financial models and financial tools for investment, divestment, securitization, bidding, pricing, evaluation and other financial decisions of various projects and services.
- Take responsibility for structural integrity and functionality of models including accounting, tax and regulatory requirements of various global markets.
- To document and maintain the integrity of the different sources of inputs in the Assumption Book and maintain the Results Book versions.
- To work collaboratively across multi-functional teams to gather & validate model inputs and business processes.
The job requires the following:
• A degree in a numerate subject (finance, economics, computer science, engineering, maths, science) or an ACA, ACCA, CIMA or similar level of professional qualification (e.g. CFA, MSc in Finance).
• The candidate should be thorough in corporate finance concepts & accounting fundamentals including capital budgeting, valuation, leverage, financial options & cost of capital. They will be comfortable in the development of integrated financial models from first principals and the full development lifecycle involved in that process.
• Strong experience and skills in building financial models from scratch accounting for best standards (e.g. FAST) particularly in PF, PPP, PFI sector.
• Strong financial analyses and presenting skills including presenting the results and analyses to the clients with both financial and non-financial backgrounds.
• Strong Excel skills including macros and coding in VBA.
• Adaptability, team player, attention to detail.
• A flexible approach to work.
• Good communicator.
- Basic monthly salary negotiable in accordance with relevant experience;
- Pension scheme minimum 10% Company's contribution;
- Salary uplift while working overseas;
- Per diem payments, while working overseas;
- Medical insurance;
- Travel insurance.
Please send your CV to DarLondon.Recruitment@dar.com
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Selected candidates who satisfy the job requirements will be invited for an interview.