Associate Director - Long Income Origination - Real Estate
Associate Director - Long Income Origination - Global Real Estate
We are currently looking for an Associate Director - Long Income Origination to join our Global Real Estate Team. You will work with the Head of Long Income, the Fund and Assistant Managers of Lime, the REaLM Funds, the Aviva Staff Pension Scheme, and the Long Income Origination Manager, to source, create and acquire suitable investments for the Funds.
In this role you will be expected to undertake investment acquisitions, financial and commercial structuring, and development funding. You will also take accountability and responsibility for leading the end to end transaction process for acquisitions.
- Creating and enhancing external relationships with key stakeholders - public sector entities, investment agents, real estate investors, Fund Valuers, lawyers, construction professionals, managing agents, etc.
- Collaborating with colleagues (Fund Managers, Asset Managers, Origination Manager and Heads of Sectors) to structure, source, create and acquire suitable investment products that are in accordance with Long Income fund strategies.
- Ensuring that internal documentation is prepared to a high standard to properly undertake the due diligence process.
- Support financial modelling and analysis of all acquisitions.
- Maximising performance and structural optimisation through value enhancement opportunities, sales and cost control.
- Ensuring clear communication of Aviva Investors mandates' investment requirements to the wider real estate market.
- Enhancing Aviva Investors profile and standing in the wider real estate market.
- Working with the wider real estate team to effectively translate high level strategic views into portfolio composition.
- Dissemination of market intelligence to the wider real estate business.
- Working with the wider real estate team to present to existing and potential new clients to support the development of the Aviva Investors Real Estate business.
- Identifying, creating and pursuing new acquisition opportunities in the UK by:
- Supporting the end to end origination and transaction process.
- Leading the due diligence process and securing internal approvals in accordance with funds' authority levels and in line with internal processes.
- Preparing to a consistent high quality appropriate internal documentation to successfully complete the due diligence and internal approval processes.
- Making sure that new acquisitions are underpinned by a robust and practical business plan that is supported and can be implemented by the asset management team.
- Development funding experience through structured finance or long lease property investment.
- Knowledge of long lease property investment management, with a track record of identifying and delivering investment opportunities, on market and off market.
- Solutions orientated, with experience of commercial negotiations.
- Experience of working with public sector and corporate entities.
- Understanding of long lease structures and accounting and tax implications for investors and counterparties.
- Member of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors or equivalent (if non -UK), or CFA / Accountancy qualification.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of the investment acquisition process.
- A broad and extensive network of contacts - investors, brokers, partners, service providers, owner occupiers etc.
- A great collaborator with excellent team skills.
- Strong appraisal and analytical skills. Financial modelling experience preferred.
- Good presentation and communication skills - able to explain complex financial details to clients and customers in a straightforward way.
- IMC or equivalent preferred.
We are proud to be a different kind of asset manager; our intelligent and innovative solutions are based entirely around our clients' needs, not ours.
Aviva Investors is a global asset manager with expertise in real estate, fixed income, equity, multi-asset and alternative investments. We are proud to stand out in our field as our intelligent solutions are based around our clients' objectives, not ours.
Inclusion and diversity
We are a global organisation with thousands of employees and customers from different cultures. We've built our approach to inclusion and diversity on the principles of respect, valuing differences and inclusion.
One of Aviva's core values is Care More, and this is bought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies. What's important to us is that you are supported to do the best work of your life.
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.