Senior Associate, Fixed Income Manager Research - German Speaking
The fixed income public markets team are looking to hire a German speaking fixed income specialist reporting into the Head of Public Markets. You will be responsible for the quality of investment advisory in the fixed income space including government debt, investment grade and high yield credit, emerging market debt, and convertible bonds.
• Managing manager selection projects in the fixed income space run on behalf of clients including regular manager due diligence, recommendations and presentations to clients.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of expertise across fixed income sub-asset classes and strategies; The successful candidate will be expected to maintain and enrich the universe of asset managers and closely follow new trends and products in the fixed income space.
• Proactively contribute to business development by assisting in the development of sales strategies, providing technical support in client and prospect meetings, helping clients design an investment strategy.
• The successful candidate will interact with clients globally, whilst being the lead on German investor clients growing need for fixed income strategies.
• Presenting at conferences and media contributions such as interviews and articles on topics related to fixed income.
• Monitoring of Asset Managers in the fixed income space, including those selected by clients, and act upon performances outside of the client chosen parameters
• Fluency in German is essential, as well as English
• Undergraduate degree from a top university required, CFA qualified or close to completion preferred
• Demonstration of experience in manager selection with a focus in fixed income coming from either an investment consultant, fund of funds / multi-manager, or asset / wealth management firm.
• Broad or growing knowledge of investment universe such as high yield credit, emerging market debt, structured credit and/or absolute return fixed income strategies
• Motivated, able to demonstrate curiosity and strong analytical skills, a clear thinking, leadership, strong interpersonal and presentation skills at senior level.