SS&C provides software and software-enabled services for the global financial services industry. Through a combination of organic innovation and strategic acquisitions, we have assembled a comprehensive selection of technology and service capabilities, backed by industry-leading expertise. Since 1995, SS&C has acquired 51 businesses with products, services and/or technologies in existing or complementary vertical markets. Acquisitions include GlobeOp, Advent Software, Citi Alternative Investor Services, Wells Fargo Global Fund Services and DST Systems.
SS&C has more than 20,000 employees worldwide. Our head office is located in Windsor, Connecticut with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Australia. SS&C provides the global financial services industry with a broad range of highly specialized software, software enabled-services and software as a service (SaaS) solutions for operational excellence.
SS&C is the leading independent provider of cloud-based fund administration services and software for the alternative investment industry, including hedge funds, fund of funds, private equity funds and managed accounts.
Performance and Analytics, a division of Fund Services, is an investment processing service group that provides performance and reporting support to Asset Management, Insurance, Wealth Management and Pension Funds clients. The department has a global presence with current locations in London, Montreal and Mumbai. Due to recent growth and prospects, the Performance and Analytics team is searching for an addition in the Performance space.
- Ensure the timely and accurate calculation, analysis, and reporting of investment performance data for assigned clients including large asset managers and pension funds.
- Provide business analysis in development items, projects and client directed queries.
- Support new client implementations for Performance Outsourcing.
- Perform daily service tasks to our clients in delivery of our set of services.
- Perform daily and monthly calculation, reconciliation, control and outlier reporting of performance for assigned client's portfolios, and benchmarks
- Prepare and analyse monthly and quarterly performance and attribution reporting
- Update security and portfolio level class schemes and properties
- Create and update composite benchmarks
- Verify and maintain security and portfolio static and dynamic data
- Address ad hoc queries from the client such as providing explanations of performance fluctuations and anomalies
- Documentation of processes and identify inefficiencies in the production processes and make recommendations on how to improve them
- Work in partnership with technology product teams to resolve issues and improve overall processes
- Maintain logs for internal and external issues.
- Deal directly with clients on all queries whilst taking full ownership
- Other duties as assigned
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- Good understanding on methodologies of calculating performance returns
- Strong knowledge of a range of asset classes, such as equity, fixed income and derivatives
- Completed or progressing towards professional level qualifications, preferably either CFA or CIPM
- Proven ability to meet strict periodic deliverables
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence others
- Ability to multi-task effectively and ability to remain highly organized in a deadline driven environment
- Strong analytical skills and ability to effectively explain attribution results
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, with advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Ability to forge relationships with clients, internal departments and other stakeholders
- Attention to detail
- Develop and demonstrate ability to work under pressure
- Client focused orientation
- Team Player and flexibility
- Taking Initiative
- Able to work unassisted
- Experience using Sylvan and Geneva
- Relational database knowledge (MS-SQL, Oracle) and basic SQL querying
- Experience providing implementation and ongoing support services
Data Privacy Notice
The provision of personal information through your job application will be processed in accordance with SS&C Data Privacy Notice for Candidates (https://www.ssctech.com/Portals/0/Documents/pdf-assets/SSC-EEA-Data-Protection-Policy.pdf), which the applicant hereby acknowledges having read and fully understood.
SS&C is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.