Equity Fund Research Analyst
The organisation which has significant AuM has been successful in expanding their bespoke research offering to clients globally. You will be joining a small dedicated team of equity fund researchers covering large / small cap equity across UK, US, European, Emerging Markets and Asian asset classes, as part of wider investment research functions across the globe.
• Technically analysing investment managers in quantitative and qualitative aspects, whilst monitoring performance of equity fund managers to form recommendations and add value across assets and products in relevant areas for clients
• Conducting research meetings with fund managers and investors
• Presenting views to clients in meetings and writing client papers on research topics
• Responsible for contributing to business development by providing technical support in client and prospect meetings
• Develop a good understanding of the current universe of investments and the drivers of performance
• Actively contributing to the central investment process, regularly reviewing new manager investments and proposing additions and deletions
• Developing and maintaining professional client relationships.
• Participating and presenting at industry conferences.
• Helping to train new graduates/colleagues
• Strong experience in manager research, fund analysis or multi-manager, with a specialism across a wide scope of Equities, experience in multi-asset will also be considered.
• Backgrounds from institutional
• Educated to degree level in a finance related subject and industry qualifications ideally in charter holder status CFA or level III candidate
• Knowledge of investment strategies and capital markets
• Strong quantitative, analytical and project management skills
• Able to explain technical issues in simplified terms to colleagues and clients.
• Can demonstrate experience of presenting and is comfortable doing so to a large audience
• A team player with a motivational hands-on approach