Market Risk Middle Office Associate
Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com
MRMO provides governance and control of Nomura's Market Risk Management department.
Core activities relate to procedural management that ensures the Regulatory Compliance of our European entities.
Supervision of the end to end production of VaR, Stressed VaR, IRC, CRM, Stress Scenarios and similar processes in line with the terms of Nomura's IMA permission waiver.
Delivery of management, capitol and regulatory reporting in line with firm wide governance and regulation (BCBS239, FDSF)
Key objectives critical to success:
- Execution of MRMO EMEA business processes in line with Nomura's Market Risk procedures (Daily Sign off / Adjustments
- Awareness of all MRMO activities
- Delivery of continual process improvements to address procedural control gaps (self-identified RCSA / Audit point)
- Monitoring of the service levels / issues / problems encountered with the Risk Infrastructure used to produce the Market Risk Metrics with Production Services team.
- Reporting to the EMEA MRMO Lead and coordinating senior stakeholder management / interaction (Vice President /Executive Director level)
- Established peer relationships with the EMEA Market Risk Management team
- Established point of contact for MRMO EMEA daily sign-off decisions and escalations
- Delivery of revisions to MRMO procedures for 'Daily Sign-off' and 'Adjustments'
- Management of Powai rotation resource and service delivery for data and adjustments
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
- Degree (or equivalent) preferably within a quantitative subject, postgraduate degree or relevant professional qualifications (e.g. CFA, FRM and CQF) preferable.
- Experience of Financial Services Risk Management or Middle Office / Operations function including end to end trade lifecycle / data flows.
- Proficient knowledge of risk management methodologies (e.g. VaR, Risk Capital, Stress Testing)
- Accountability of operational business processes, preferably within a regulated financial services environment
- Team management and stakeholder interaction at Vice President level and above
- Experience of regulated capital reporting regimes
- Strong technical data analysis skills and used of tools such as Excel / VBA / Python / SQL
- Cross region matrix team management and peer working