Third Party Fund Analyst
You will be a key part of the team providing recommendations for equity, fixed income and alternatives for their buy list, maintaining this list and disseminating the recommendations effectively to the wider firm. Amongst other duties, you will actively contribute to the investment discussions, assist with all quarterly commentaries and third-party mandate performance reporting for the portfolios they manage.
The role will suit someone looking to get back into fund research either from time out of the industry for whatever reason, or someone wishing to make the transition and get on the fund research ladder within a multi-asset environment, who is happy to acknowledge that this FTC is for max. one year and after that there is no guarantee of a permanent position with the company. However, it will provide a credible reference point for your CV with which to move forward within the field.
Good interpersonal skills and attention to detail are vital for this role, combined with an investigative nature, the ability to take the initiative and a desire to succeed.
Required Skills & Experience
• Graduate in Maths, Engineering, Economics or Finance, or related undergraduate discipline
• Ideally you will have IMC and Part/ Full CFA
• Demonstrable experience in the field of fund research of AT LEAST 5 YEARS AND ACROSS ALL ASSET CLASSES ideally within a fund of funds/ private bank or wealth manager/ investment consultant/ IFA.
• You will be highly proficient with Word and Excel and possess strong IT skills - ideally Morningstar and Style Analytics.
• Good knowledge of investment markets
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrate critical thinking and strong analytical skills with the ability to challenge and critique
• Work to a high standard of accuracy and timeliness
• Be a self-starter prepared to take the initiative
• Team player
• Possess excellent organisational and stakeholder management skills
Please respond with your CV in the strictest of confidence. However, we regret that we will only be able to contact successful applicants.