SENIOR SALES EXECUTIVE
About the Company
Based in the West End, the firm is a boutique advisory and fundraising business for specialist long only, alternative and private capital managers. We select alpha focused managers after a thorough due diligence process and allocate to third party capital under our advisement and broadly to a wider group institutional third-party capital. We also invest in selected managers where possible.
Third party capital for us mean professional investors – pension funds, endowment and foundations, insurance, family offices, banks, wealth managers.
We operate a flat structure with direct access to the CEO
The role centres on representing the company in the UK market, and at times across Europe. You will responsible for our third-party capital relationships with the ultimate goal of assessing their capability of participating in opportunities on our platform and bringing those relationships to a successful close when opportunities arise. You will also be responsible for maintaining a healthy and successful relationship with our current and prospective partner managers who may be based locally in the UK and / or abroad.
Key Focus Areas/Key Activities
The firm demands a constant professional curiosity and drive, and a commitment to exploring new ideas and challenging tested ones in working at best practice standard for each scenario or project.
We seek a professional who will be responsible for engaging with third party capital and day to day management of our Client projects with an initial focus on Pensions market (Directly and via Investment Consultants). The individual would be expected to take leadership on projects and will be expected to meet with our partner managers to understand their strategies and gain greater affiliation with the internal teams; formulate and implement projects for allocating capital, contribute to the preparation of the supporting documents and be able to suggest areas of improvements to existing documentation where necessary. On the other side, you will be expected to engage very closely with identified professional investors targeting key decision makers during the project cycle.
Being able to engage with third party capital on investment solutions thus must have strong understanding of markets.
The four key areas of activity are:
- Third Party Capital Engagements
- Engage proactively with own selected and carefully curated third party capital list and that of the firm’s
- Initiate meetings / set up roadshow meetings and report progress to the senior management.
- Create new channels and bring third party capital exposure to opportunities on platform to a close.
- Relationship Management of Existing professional investors
- Engage proactively with professional investors to understand their investment requirements.
- Initiate meetings with professional investors to ensure continuous business updates which will enable building stronger levels of interest for opportunities held on platform
- These activities will include regular update on the markets served as relevant to the firm’s mandates.
- Manage New Manager Partners and their Development
- Initiate meetings between the CEO and prospective manager partners to ensure continuous market and assignment updates with the aim of developing interest and awareness.
- Follow up on new client leads.
- As necessary, conduct research into third party capital’s appetite for the type of mandates developed and handled by the firm. To also analyse relevant sector information in order to provide the necessary analytical insight required to support the new leads as required.
- Follow-up with interested third party capital
- Provide the necessary encouragement and support once external capital has manifested interest in mandates.
- Act as a facilitator, striving to close the investments.
- As and when necessary, provide subsequent updates to investors who have committed to the firm’s assignments.
Ideal Candidate Profile
At least 8 years successful and active involvement in the local investment management sector (particularly amongst Pensions and Investment Consultants) and a strong sales track record. A rolodex of key decision makers from the Capital Holders universe is a definite advantage.
Must have experience in raising capital for specialist long only strategies, private assets funds and / or global alternatives strategies. Our platform includes managers implementing specialist long only, global hedged strategies private equity, private debt, venture capital and real estate funds.
A good understanding of the technical aspects of investments including private equity strategies is a must. Must have worked in at least one of these areas as an asset gatherer.
A natural flair and obsession with building long-term relationships, as well as being able to sell, and close deals.
Possessing sufficient maturity and gravitas to deal successfully with Professional Capital Holders
An entrepreneurial spirit, willing to help develop the growth and reputation of the firm.
Must hold at least the IMC or completed CFA Level I as minimum plus Bachelor’s degree
CF30 most desirable.