Equities Research - Associate Analyst
- Models corporate financial statements into the future (minimum of 3 years) to assess potential company earnings and/or cash flow.
- Evaluates corporate financial statement outputs to assess the worth of the company using multiple techniques such as discounted cash flow analysis, price-to-earnings ratio and price-to-cash flow ratios.
- Participates in conference calls to review companies' quarterly earnings and quickly assimilates the information to assist the Analysts in their investment decisions.
- Handles various projects such as analysis of competitive funds, managing stock watch lists for possible buys/sells, and quantitative screening of companies which in turn provides information to Portfolio Managers and Analysts that help make them more effective in their buy/sell decisions.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- • Academic excellence.
- • Strong and demonstrable financial analysis including accounting & financial modelling skills.
- • Strong interest and knowledge of financial markets, especially Equities.
- • Keen interest in investing.
- • Strong communication, interpersonal skills and a good writer.
- • Fluency in Spanish or Portuguese is an advantage (not essential)
- • Personal and/or professional investment experience (i.e. internships)
- • CFA qualification or in progress
- • Competitive nature
- • Experience with market data services (ex. Factset, Bloomberg etc.)