Research Associate - Transport & Logistics - Associate
Jefferies, the global investment banking firm, has served companies and investors for over 50 years. Headquartered in New York with its European head office in London and staff in over 30 global cities, the firm provides clients with capital markets and financial advisory services, institutional brokerage and securities research, and wealth and asset management. Jefferies provides research and execution services in equity, fixed income, foreign exchange, futures and commodities markets, and a full range of investment banking services including underwriting, merger and acquisition, restructuring and recapitalisation.
Our sector-based research teams analyse markets worldwide with a goal to be our clients' first call for investment ideas, longer-term thematic pieces and industry expertise. Our research analysts use a variety of methodologies and sources including surveys, industry contacts and public documents, as well as benefiting from perspectives from collaborations with fellow Jefferies analysts following other industries, geographies and asset classes.
Jefferies has a strong transport franchise and we are now looking to grow our European transport & logistics research team who currently cover 14 stocks with plans to expand to ~25. You will have the opportunity to join the team at an early stage of expansion both in terms of the size of the team as well as stock coverage universe.
The key responsibilities are:
- To support the transport & logistics team in meeting its goals
- To support the lead analyst in the provision of strong fundamental research allowing us to expand stock coverage, service institutional investors with sufficient intensity to drive vote capture, and support the interface with the Investment Bank and Corporate Broking
- Contributing written work to both stock specific and thematic research
- Assisting the team in meeting client marketing and corporate access requirements
The following skills and experience are required for this role:
- A strong academic background is expected, excellent communication skills, plus the drive and determination to excel
- An industry or research background will be considered as would accounting
- Relevant sector experience is not a prerequisite, but a strong interest in the sector is important
- Prior experience in equity markets is not a pre-requisite, but a strong interest is paramount
- Strong written and inter-personal skills are also required, the latter given that the role will involve direct interaction with institutional and corporate clients
- Candidates with financial modelling experience will be considered
Desired Experience / Skills
- Degree educated;
- Any progress towards CFA charter will be a plus
- Knowledge of financial markets
- Understanding of financial statements
- Intermediate / advanced Excel
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal