Consultant, Financial Market Advisory
The Strategy Consultant will be responsible for:
1. Preparing and delivering analysis, presentations and written work to our client base of sophisticated financial market investors.
2. Designing creative solutions to client situations, backed by rigorous analytical evidence.
3. Managing and developing relationships with a small number of high value clients receiving the Validus retainer service including:
- Strategic consultancy services
- Innovative project work
- Pro-active client service
- Presentation of a technology platform
4. Ensuring quality of output across the desk, including training and supervising analysts to ensure a high attention to detail.
1.3-7 years professional experience, preferably within management consultancy, investment banking or Private Equity / Hedge Funds
2.Relevant undergraduate degree + post graduate qualification e.g. MBA, CFA, Masters in Finance, FRM, AMCT/MCT, CIMA, CAIA, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills with an extremely high attention to detail
- Understanding of risk management in financial markets
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, exposure to Bloomberg
- Time management/ability to perform under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
1.Experience in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, team-working environment.
2.Experience with derivatives trading.
3.Knowledge of Alternative Investment Funds.
4.Fund Accountancy / actuarial exposure.
6.Time management/ability to perform under pressure with tight deadlines.
7.Track record of business development.
About the company
Validus Risk Management is an independent advisory firm specialising in the management of FX, interest rate and other market risks. We work with alternative investment funds and portfolio companies to design and implement strategies to measure, manage and monitor financial market risk, using a market-tested combination of specialist consulting services, trade execution and innovative risk technology. With combined client AUM now in excess of $1.8 trillion, Validus currently advises on and executes over $100 bn in derivatives transactions annually. As an equal opportunity employer, Validus benefits from the diverse global perspectives and experiences of its employees, with over 18 nationalities and 20 languages represented.
Working at Validus can offer an exciting opportunity for both personal development and professional growth. Share in our mission to become the largest and most respected specialist provider of financial market risk services in the world. Other benefits include a competitive remuneration package, pension contributions, regular social events, train ticket loans and financial support towards professional qualifications.