Quantitative Analyst - Global Investment Solutions
Columbia Threadneedle is distinguished by the breadth and quality of our investment capabilities, and we have begun to evolve our Investment Solutions offering to address the needs of a broader set of clients in all regions, incorporating the full spectrum of investment needs and desired outcomes.
Growing our solutions business is a strategic priority for Columbia Threadneedle. Our strengths across the core components required to build an investment solutions proposition has helped us achieve an enviable track record in multi-asset and as well as solutions portfolios to date. Building on this foundation, we are now expanding our efforts to bring additional expertise and incorporate more of our component capabilities into play, to better serve our clients with a sophisticated and truly bespoke offering. Our important and fascinating work is at the very center of a quickly evolving asset management industry and embodies Columbia Threadneedle Investments' strategic commitment to meet our clients evolving needs and expectations.
The Global Investment Solutions team at Columbia Threadneedle Investments is focused on delivering the firm's expertise and capabilities across single asset class and multiple asset solutions and is committed to setting a new standard of excellence in partnering with clients to achieve their desided outcome. The team is dedicated to helping our clients achieve their investment goals through a customised, outcome-oriented approach. We design bespoke investment solutions that blend our best-in-class capabilities from Fixed Income, Equities, Multi-Asset, Alternatives and Passive strategies. We tailor our solutions according to the client's individual needs and circumstances, including regulatory parameters. Our mission is to gain a full understanding of the issues that our clients face and, in collaboration with all portfolio management teams across the firm, to use this understanding to design, implement and oversee efficient and effective investment portfolios for insurers.
The position of Quantitative Analyst is a new role that will support the implementation of this growth strategy, working with members of the core investment teams and Distribution partners to evolve this investment lead and client-focused function.
- Deliver wold-class modelling capabilities on portfolio construction, long term capital market assumption techniques, stochastic modelling, economic scenario generator.
- Deliver solutions in relation to client specific regulatory and investment restrictions.
- Work with senior investments solutions and distribution colleagues to understand and map specific requirements of clients' needs and develop and deliver modelling techniques and solutions to support value added client engagement.
- Help match these up with the capabilities across our global investment offering with the goal of delivering a solution to address these needs and satisfy clients' evolving requirements
- Work with investment solutions senior colleagues and distribution to deliver and model investment solutions to prospective clients and to serve existing clients on an ongoing basis.
- Strong quantitative technical skills and critical risk management capabilities
- Strong modelling expertise
- Strong IT technical skills including Excel VBA and MATLAB
- Mathematics, engineering, computer science or similar degree.
- A good broad understanding of the financial services industry, Insurance asset management and defined benefit and contribution sectors and the requirements that underpin solutions for these client types.
- Ability to understand a broad range of investment capabilities, including equities, fixed Income and Multi asset as well as derivatives.
- A good understanding of fund management, its principles and processes.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication
- Industry experience, gained within an asset manager, investment bank, consultancy or insurance company.
- CFA chartholder or FRM charted
- Aladdin expertise