Long/short Product Specialist
My client, a European asset manager, is seeking an experienced Long/short Equity Product Specialist to join an existing team of 9 product specialists professionals split between Equity and Fixed income.
Within the marketing department, the Product team is in charge of product management including the strategic positioning of the funds, communication on investment strategies and marketing of funds.
The team is an internal and external advocate for the funds thanks to its excellent technical understanding of the products and their strategies, financial markets, competitive environment and client needs.
Externally, Product Specialists are responsible, among other duties, for communicating the investment strategy, interpreting portfolio performances and meeting directly with clients as part of the promotion and answering clients' questions. Internally, the team works hand in hand with the PMs, Sales and Market Intelligence team to contribute to the strategic positioning of existing and new strategies, to share their knowledge and to support the commercial success of the products.
Among other duties, the successful applicant will:
- Responsible for product positioning, according to clients' needs and competitors' analysis
- Engage with clients to promote funds
- Be knowledgeable about the markets and investment process/ strategy/ positioning
- Guarantee consistency and accuracy of the funds message among all internal actors
- Build client Pitch and answers client's questions
- Develop the key selling points and messages based on the value proposition of the products
- Conduct product internal training
- Contribute actively in raising assets, monitor team activity and results
- Deep understanding of clients' needs, work closely with sales to gain knowledge
- Attend investment discussions, listening to daily investment committees
- At least 5-7 years' experience in a similar position or fund management/fund selection environment, ideally gained in a previous product specialist/fund management or fund selector role, compulsorily in the equity universe with an expertise in long/short Equity markets
- Excellent understanding of the fund management industry (all asset classes, philosophy and process and financial technical instruments), and be able to communicate it internally and externally
- Exceptional organizational skills - be able to manage different deadlines and priorities from different sources and ensure timeliness of delivery
- Proactive nature - to be able to anticipate future requirements, and also determine information which may be of interest to distribution channels
- Excellent knowledge of Asset Management client segments
- Strong written skills, numeracy and creativity
- Strong communication skills- to be able to communicate and adapt the investment messages to a range of audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills - to be able to build good relationships with PS team, fund management team and sales team, and to integrate quickly with the highly professional team which is already in place
- A thorough knowledge of key competition and the competitive environment
- The CFA is desirable