Product Controller - Equities
- This PC role will form part of a team covering the daily P&L and balance sheet control roles for the Equity & Funds Structured business:
- Responsible for overseeing P&L activities and Balance Sheet Reconciliation and Substantiation processes with full ownership on a monthly basis to be presented with Senior Management on key control.
- Consideration of complex trade booking and appropriateness of booking methodologies or approximate booking.
- Develop and maintain governance, internal guideline and procedural documentation relating to the Equities business
- Acting as a Business Partner to the Business, Risk, Compliance and Finance
- Responsible for structuring projects, planning programmes, implementing strategy and efficiency including driving ongoing roadmap for key systems and processes.
- Managing enhancement delivery by actively participating in all new system, and product implementations to ensure all Equities implications are appropriately addressed and incorporated into the Equities process and procedure documentation. Provide sign-off on new and amended product approval (NAPA), business and system infrastructure initiatives impacting Equities
- Working closely with IT and FO to plan and implement any system improvements required
- Redesigning and streamlining daily and monthly front to back processes; identify issue and root cause of issue; coordinate with stakeholder to correct issues and developing controls to prevent such issues from recurring.
- Independently managing time and work flows
- Ensuring enhancement benefits are realized
- Ensuring effective communication within the team and to senior management
- Ability to fully understand complex transactions and proactively develop product knowledge
- Ability to break down and fully understand complex transactions and their payoff formulas
- Self-motivated team player, take on ownership, accountability, organizational/prioritization skills, proactive, ability to multitask
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Part or Fully Qualified CIMA/ACA / ACCA / CFA
- Strong understanding of accounting fundamentals required
- Strong MS Excel skills required, other financial systems experience a plus
- Strong exotic derivatives product knowledge and financial risk awareness
- Minimum 2 years experience in financial services industry highly preferred
- Responsible attitude with sound time management skills, and the ability to meet deadlines
- Good understanding of IT oriented methods and approaches
Randstad Financial & Professional encourage applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds. Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK. Randstad Financial & Professional acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003