(DIS) Investment Analyst
We are looking for insightful, adaptable and motivated Analysts to join our growing Delegated Investment Services (DIS) team within our Leeds office. The role will involve working with a variety of UK Defined Benefit pension schemes covering a range of asset sizes (£m to £bn), sectors and industries (including many household names).
The core of our work involves:
- Helping our clients determine their mission, beliefs and investment strategy;
- Designing and implementing ‘best in class' investment portfolios to achieve their objectives;
- Assisting our clients measure and monitor progress against their strategy. As an analyst within the team, you will support this activity, working closely with client leads and portfolio managers across those areas to deliver the best investment outcomes and experience for our clients.
Client / portfolio
- Commitment to providing a ‘best in class' service to clients and internal teams
- Prepare analysis and client/internal reports covering investment decisions (e.g. asset class, investment manager), investment strategy and ad hoc topics as required
- Take ownership and responsibility for client and internal project management
- Deliver high quality work within timescales and in line with expectations
- Develop and build client relationships, including understanding their business environment
- Attendance at client meetings with the client lead or portfolio manager to help deliver our advice, training and reporting of client performance
- Support a collaborative and inclusive working environment
- Build strong relationships across your working network and collaborate effectively across all WTW specialist teams (e.g. research, reporting and implementation)
- Work effectively with all parties to deliver in an efficient and timely manner
- Be an ambassador for ‘Professional Excellence' principles and risk management by ensuring high standards are applied and maintained across all work
- Engage in continuous professional development to enhance technical investment knowledge
- Minimum 2:1 degree is required along with progress towards or willingness to study for relevant professional qualifications, such as CFA, FIA or equivalent.
- Relevant work experience.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Interest in investment issues and desire to deepen knowledge over time.
- Knowledge and understanding of different asset classes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to fit seamlessly into a team of senior and more junior people all focused on delivering work of exceptional quality.
- Good IT (especially Excel and PowerPoint) skills.
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas - the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.