Corporate Finance Senior Analyst / Associate
Craven Street Capital is an independent corporate finance business. Our culture is built on a bedrock of strong relationships with our clients, other professionals and our employees. We are collaborative in our approach and value innovative and creative thinking and most of all have a passion for what we do.
Craven Street Capital was formed from the management buyout of PSource Capital Limited (“PCL”) in April 2017. The management team has a 10 year track record operating as PCL, which was originally established in 2006 as the fund management and corporate finance business of Punter Southall Group, which remains a minority shareholder and client.
Craven Street Capital operates principally in UK Financial Services. We undertake a broad range of advisory mandates that include M&A (including public takeovers), IPOs, private placements, asset sales, debt financings including project finance, seeding funds and complex deal structuring. We look to have long term, multi-deal relationships with a small number of clients in our selected sectors.
Craven Street Capital is a dynamic, high-growth corporate finance business which is growing organically by hiring junior employees every six months and developing and progressing staff within the company. It is an exciting time to join the company and the individual will be well-placed to benefit from this projected growth with our strong pipeline of interesting opportunities.
All team members are integral to all parts of each transaction, from origination to completion. Based at our new London offices (3 Gough Square, London EC4A 3DE) you will work alongside our team of Analysts and Associates to support the Directors with all aspects of the business:
- New client origination (including identification, analysis, communications/pitching, mandate negotiation)
- Conducting research and preparing reports on clients, potential clients, peer groups/comparables, industries/sectors, etc.
- Preparing marketing and diligence materials including pitch books, teasers, introductory emails, presentations, information memorandums, and data rooms
- Interacting with investors/acquirers/partners on client mandates, including identification, communications and negotiations
- Project management of the deal execution process including negotiations, documentation, diligence, and managing 3rd party advisors (lawyers, accountants, IPO brokers, etc.)
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a motivated, intelligent, analytical, individual who can demonstrate:
- An interest in accounting and corporate finance - someone who independently pursues an ever-increasing understanding of the market and how it works
- An interest in the bigger picture - someone who wants to understand how the work they do fits in to the bigger picture
- Independent problem-solving and thinking - someone who tries to solve problems on their own and bring their findings to the group
- Ambition and drive - someone who wants to go somewhere
- Professional appearance and mannerisms - someone we can count on to represent our firm to our most important clients and industry partners
At a minimum, you will need the following qualifications:
- 1-3 years of previous professional experience
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance, economics, engineering, chemistry, physics or related field
The following are not essential, but highly preferred:
- Professional experience in Financial Institutions or related field
- Financial modelling skills and experience
- Professional qualifications: e.g. CFA, ACA, qualified lawyer, etc.
- Post-graduate degree in business, finance, economics or related field
In order to perform the role the individual may be required to undertake occasional travel (2-3 overnight trips per year) and dedicate time outside of core hours where projects and business needs demand.
Compensation & Benefits:
In return the successful candidate can expect to receive:
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience
- Discretionary bonuses based upon revenue generation
- Continuing professional development encouraged
- Comprehensive benefits package including private health care, income protection, pension, holiday and life assurance
Please submit your CV and a cover letter no later than 31 January 2019.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we will only be contacting applicants who we are interested to proceed further in the application process with.