Investment Specialist - Private Credit
Growth of the private credit business has been identified as a strategic priority of the firm. Existing private credit capabilities include infrastructure debt, commercial real estate debt and private corporate debt (including private placements and direct lending), amongst other areas, and the intention is that the breadth of the capability set will continue to increase geographically and across strategies.
The successful candidate will be responsible for (i) helping PS&S ensure that the Firm has the right set of private credit products and strategies to meet clients' needs today and in the future; (ii) representing the breadth of the Firm's private credit capabilities both internally and externally; and (iii) supporting and driving the commercial growth of the business.
Primary activities that the successful candidate will pursue typically fall within the following areas:
- Strategy & Research: Conduct market, industry, product and client analysis and research.
- Design & Test: Coordinate and drive discussions with internal stakeholders (including other teams within Global Product and Proposition, the Distribution Team and the Investment Team) and external stakeholders (including consultants, clients and service providers), to shape the proposition.
- Embed & Inform: Help secure cornerstone capital; create thought leadership and marketing material; educate the Distribution team; and support the sales and after-sales process.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Knowledge of at least some areas of private credit is required, and knowledge the private markets more generally is strongly preferred. Knowledge of public credit markets is advantageous.
- Experience in client discussions and engagement is strongly preferred, and experience in facilitating the sales process is advantageous.
- Experience with product development and product launches is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of the competitor environment is advantageous.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills are required.
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills are required.
Experience and qualifications
- IMC, CFA or equivalent
- At least five years of relevant professional experience