Valuations - Executive - UKI - TAS
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Valuations Executive, you'll help make that happen. You'd be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. Our team of around 190 people sits at the heart of a global Valuation, Modelling & Economics network of over 1,550 specialists who deliver high quality advice through each phase of the transaction process.
Underpinning everything is our focus on developing a talented team through investment in technical and commercial training and knowledge transfer. Within the team you'd have the opportunity to manage smaller projects and be an integral part of larger projects, often involving multi-disciplinary teams. For the right candidate there is potential for excellent career progression. As part of your role you would work on a varied portfolio of Valuation engagements and get involved in activities to support the wider team. Our main Valuation teams are based in London and Manchester. We operate as a national team and many of our engagements involve multi-national clients. There would likely be travel within the UK and potentially overseas travel from time to time.
Your key responsibilities
As an Executive within Valuations you're likely to have the opportunity to work on commercial issues, work with management on parts of the acquisition process, undertake valuations for fiscal purposes in the UK and gain insights into complex dispute cases.
Skills and Attributes for Success
Set out below are some of the more common types of valuation work you may be involved in:
- Commercial - as part of the team you would regularly advise businesses on valuations issues with regards to acquisition or divestitures;
- Regulatory and accounting - you'd work with management as part of an acquisition process to understand how the value of acquired intangible assets will impact accounting requirements
- Taxation - you would regularly undertake valuations for fiscal purposes in the UK and other territories;
- Intellectual Property - within the team you would value intellectual property such as trademarks, brand names, customer relationships, licences, patents, technology and know-how;
- Dispute resolution - we are recognised specialists within the field of dispute resolution, litigation support and expert valuations, and can also act as independent experts.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Experience of providing valuations in a client-facing role;
- The ability to demonstrate intellectual rigour and commercial awareness, combined with first-class numeracy and analytical skills;
- Excellent report writing, communication skills and attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work as part of a team and handle multiple responsibilities.
- CFA/ACA/ACCA or similar financial qualification
Ideally, you'll also have
- Previous valuation experience in professional services/Big 4 Firm
- Financial modelling experience
What we are looking for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, numerate, logical thinkers with a passion for valuations and have a very strong attention to detail.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.