Vice President Finance
- Working closely with the CFO to assess organisational performance against long term strategy.
- Oversee taxation strategies, advice on the corporate structures of HoldCo companies and to ensure compliance with regulatory controls and standards.
- Ascertain, monitor and advise on overall Finance requirements for the business.
- Oversee the provisions of timely and accurate investment and fund accounting information.
- Enhance financial information and management reporting.
- Support the development and implementation of financial controls and risk management.
- Contribute effectively to the review and development of accounting policies and procedures to control and safeguard managed funds.
- Provide effective and timely response to audit questions: internal and external audit.
- To undertake ad hoc projects as directed by the President or CFO.
- To provide advisory services to Front Office departments on tax and control matters.
- Contribute to the continuous development of existing controls environment and management reporting.
- Work with the IT Department to ensure Finance systems operate effectively. This includes identifying solutions for IT issues to ensure future development and that monthly processes run effectively.
- Oversee amendments to the Investment Accounts systems in line with the business needs of the Office; in particular oversight of the general ledger.
Talent & Culture
- Manage to a high performance culture and support a work environment where performance and open communications are encouraged.
- To manage, develop and motivate the Finance team members ensuring that high standards are achieved consistently.
- Cultivate a high performance culture and encourage corresponding behaviours.
- To keep up to date with developments in taxation, regulation and accounting matters, in addition to investment theory and practices.
- To take ownership of continued professional and personal development.
Education Skills & Experience
- A good degree, with an internationally recognised accountancy qualification (preferably ACA) as well as training with a top 4 international accounting firm.
- A relevant post graduate qualification MBA/CFA desirable.
Skills & Experience
- 10-15 years post graduate experience within a senior executive position with experience of the asset management industry or closely related field.
- Experience or exposure to Sovereign Wealth Funds.
- Experience and understanding of investment management concepts and market standard methodologies for investment monitoring and analysis.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of IT based investment accounting and back office systems.
- Up to date knowledge of current best practice and forthcoming developments in investment accounting.
- Compressive understanding of international taxation and holding company strategies.
- Experience of working in management teams/managing international professional staff.
- The ability to work collaboratively with colleagues of all levels.
- An ambitious, strategic thinker who is also culturally aware.
- Ability to review and prepare reports in English to a high standard.
- Responds positively to changing priorities and is always ready to take ownership in order to meet business needs.
This role will offer an excellent opportunity for an individual who can make a positive contribution to the organisation and with a commensurately competitive and attractive reward package; this should appeal to a high quality professional seeking a challenging career.