Global Investment Solutions - Assets & Liability Management Director
Columbia Threadneedle Investments is a leading global asset management group that provides a broad range of actively managed investment strategies and solutions for individual, institutional and corporate clients around the world.
With more than 2000 employees globally, including over 450 investment professionals based in North America, Europe and Asia, we manage almost £400 billion of assets across developed and emerging market equities, fixed income, asset allocation, customised solutions and alternatives. We have a presence in 18 countries.
Our priority is the investment success of our clients. We aim to deliver the investment outcomes our clients expect through an investment approach that is team-based, performance-driven and risk-aware. Our culture is dynamic and interactive. By sharing our insights across asset classes and geographies we generate richer perspectives on global, regional and local investment landscapes. The ability to exchange and debate investment ideas in a collaborative environment enriches our teams' investment processes. More importantly, it results in better informed investment decisions for our clients.
Diversity and Inclusion
Columbia Threadneedle Investments welcomes an inclusive employee population and work environment, and actively promotes diversity. One of our key employee forums is the Diversity and Inclusion Group, which brings together colleagues from across the company to champion best practice and provide guidance and feedback around diversity issues relating to the attraction, development and retention of talent.
To find out more about Columbia Threadneedle Investments and what we can offer please visit our website. http://www.columbiathreadneedle.com/
Columbia Threadneedle is distinguished by the breadth and quality of our investment capabilities, and we have begun to evolve our Investment Solutions offering to address the needs of a broader set of clients in all regions, incorporating the full spectrum of investment needs and desired outcomes.
Growing our solutions business is a strategic priority for Columbia Threadneedle. Our strengths across the core components required to build an investment solutions proposition has helped us achieve an enviable track record in multi-asset as well as solutions portfolios to date. Building on this foundation, we are now expanding our efforts to bring additional expertise and incorporate more of our component capabilities into play, to better serve our clients with a sophisticated and truly bespoke offering. Our important and fascinating work is at the very center of a quickly evolving asset management industry and embodies Columbia Threadneedle Investments' strategic commitment to meet our clients evolving needs and expectations.
The Global Investment Solutions team at Columbia Threadneedle Investments is focused on delivering the firm's expertise and capabilities across single asset class and multiple asset solutions and is committed to setting a new standard of excellence in partnering with clients to achieve their desided outcome. The team is dedicated to helping our clients achieve their investment goals through a customised, outcome-oriented approach. We design bespoke investment solutions that blend our best-in-class capabilities from Fixed Income, Equities, Multi-Asset, Alternatives and Passive strategies. We tailor our solutions according to the client's individual needs and circumstances, including regulatory parameters. Our mission is to gain a full understanding of the issues that our clients face and, in collaboration with all portfolio management teams across the firm, to use this understanding to design, implement and oversee efficient and effective investment portfolios for insurers.
The position of Assets & Liabilities Management Director is a new role that will help lead the implementation of this growth strategy focusing on portfolio construction and asset allocation for insurance clients, as well as client engagements with senior management at strategic insurance partners, working with members of the Investment teams and with Distribution partners to establish this investment lead and client-focused function.
- Evolve, develop and deliver world-class modelling and research capabilities on portfolio construction, capital market assumptions, optimisation techniques including economic scenario generator and stochastic modelling, which are of relevance to modelling the assets and liabilities of insurance clients.
- Contribute and be responsible for Global Investment Solutions' research agenda in relation to insurance clients specific regulatory constrains and investment requirements.
- Undertake ALM, portfolio construction and strategic asset allocation exercises to design solutions that provide a best fit between return, volatility, transaction costs and capital and liquidity constrains and work with the relevant teams to execute an efficient implementation.
- Keep abreast of the implications of regulatory, accounting and capital frameworks on investment and risk management decisions made by insurance companies.
- Work with investments and distribution colleagues to understand and map specific requirements of insurance clients' needs and support them to prepare and deliver insightful and value-added engagement to prospective client and existing clients.
- Match client's needs with the capabilities across our global investment offering with the goal of delivering a solution to address these needs and satisfy clients and regulators' evolving requirements.
- Drive forward our thinking on what solutions capabilities need to be strengthened and developed to satisfy our clients' needs. This includes collaboration with the investment teams, product development and technology teams.
- A full understanding of ALM strategies and actuarial experience in designing insurance clients' assets, both life and annuity solutions.
- Strong knowledge of the business models of life insurance companies, the regulatory and accounting constraints under which they operate and the general application of insurance and fund regulation, including Solvency II, matching adjustment and illiquid assets.
- Solid quantitative knowledge, critical risk management capabilities and actuarial and technical expertise related to life insurance, reinsurance or general insurance.
- A strong understanding of the financial services industry, Insurance asset management and defined benefit and contribution sectors, as well as understanding of the legal and regulatory requirements that underpin solutions for insurance clients.
- Strong modelling and research expertise
- Expereince of coding in Python, MatLab and Excel VBA and other programming languages.
- Mathematics, engineering, or similar background.
- Ability to understand a broad range of investment capabilities, including derivatives, structuring and requirements for yield and risk protection.
- A strategic thinker with proven experience of devising and developing investment strategy solutions.
- Ability to translate client problems into investment language as well as being able to engage and build clients' value added, trusting and collaborative needs-based relatioships.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentational skills
- Experienced and self-motivated investment and solutions professional
- Significant relevant ALM or investment management experience, gained within an asset manager, investment bank, consultancy or insurance company.
- Actuary qualification or CFA designation is preferred.
- Experience of working in a global organisation and within a matrix management structure
- Aladdin expertise