Credit Valuation Control VP
Leading Investment Bank is currently hiring for an experienced valuation controller to join their London Structured Credit Desk. This role will focus on the Securitised products portfolio (ABS, CLO, CDO etc) and has been created through an expansion of the London role.
• Independent pricing of global non-Fair Value instruments that relate to client and collateral valuations
• Ensure consistent independent valuation methodologies are applied for similar products held off balance sheet.
• Develop alternate valuation methodologies to value illiquid and esoteric securities ad assets.
• Organize monthly Valuation and Governance Control Reports and Meetings for Non Fair Value exposure.
• Play a lead role in key valuation projects through significant involvement in the UAT workstreams.
• Keep up with the market developments and use the knowledge in reviewing mark to market movements.
• Review changes to front office pricing models and provide sign-off from valuation control standpoint.
• Manage a group of off-shore team members.
• Proven Valuation Control/IPV experience within securitised products (MBS/CMBS, CLO/CDO, RMBS, Esoteric ABS, and CMBS).
• Strong understanding of and ability to perform discounted Cash flow analysis
• Comprehensive understanding of financial markets and valuation methodologies applicable to the pricing of liquid and illiquid investments.
• Proven process improvement/project skills within a valuation control role.
• MSc in Mathematical Subject or CFA Qualified.
This role involves daily interaction with key stakeholders in the business and it is therefore essential the candidate has strong interpersonal skills. This is a very exciting time to join the desk as it is continues its growth offering a realistic career progression path to the Global Head of Credit Valuations role.