Harbert European Growth Capital is an established pan-European investor in the TMT and life sciences sectors and is sponsored by Harbert Management Corporation with over $4 billion of assets and committed capital under management.
As an Investment Analyst, you will be responsible for analysing fund investment opportunities, deal execution and monitoring portfolio companies. Our analysts work closely with associates, vice-presidents, and fund managers on small due diligence teams. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the development and running of the fund over the long term.
It is essential candidates have a valid work permit or right to work in the UK.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the investment team in appraising new investment opportunities and deal origination.
- Leading the due diligence and execution of new transactions.
- Preparation of investment committee memoranda.
- Supporting research programmes around market developments and technology trends.
- Responsibility for the management and monitoring of portfolio.
- Tracking new investment opportunities on CRM system and preparing periodic deal flow reports.
- Candidates must have an excellent academic record and a minimum of a 2.1 Honours Degree from a reputable University.
- A post-graduate qualification (CFA, ACA) is viewed as highly desirable.
- Strong financial modelling skills together with a high degree of proficiency in using MS Excel.
- Minimum of 3 years Big 4 Accountancy Firm experience with at least 1 year of Deals/Transactions exposure. Candidates with a Private Equity/Venture Capital background will also be considered.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills given the close interaction candidates shall have with senior executives.
- Excellent report writing skills
- Fluent in English; additional European languages considered a plus.
- Self-starter that can work independently in a small team.
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate a clear interest in the wider investment and technology industries.