Senior Investment Manager
Senior Investment Manager
- Lead and direct quantitative and qualitative due diligence on prospective private market investments (primary, secondaries and co-investments) and monitor current investments (primary, secondaries and co-investments).
- Actively input in the development of investment content and output of private markets function including the strategic plans for IGPF. Ensure that this delivers against the strategy and objectives of the function.
- Prepare investment recommendations/function materials for presentation to Railpen's decision-making bodies, including the Railpen Investments Board.
- Represent the private markets team at Railpen Investment Board and Trustee meetings, where relevant, making recommendations and taking decisions to these forums for approval as appropriate.
- Actively input in the design, production and maintenance of private markets investment models.
- Perform various tasks related to monitoring investments, market research and internal requests.
- Work collaboratively with other functions namely risk, compliance, operations, investment accounts, business assurance and legal departments as required.
- Represent Railpen/RPMI/RPTCL at industry forums or investment boards as required.
- Ensure that the private markets function's approach is communicated clearly to targeted audience of private market participants.
- Provide specialist knowledge and expertise to perform own function effectively. This requires the ability to demonstrate a sound understanding of material across a range of functions outside own area of expertise.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the role and how it aligns with other functions in terms of impacts and dependencies.
- Build strong relationships with colleagues across the investment business and RPMI to ensure the delivery of the organisation's strategic and operational objectives.
- Lead/actively contribute to significant project work in evolving the private markets approach.
- Support project work in other functions as required.
- Broad Knowledge of multiple private markets asset classes.
- 10 years+ experience working within an investment management/ consultancy/ private equity firm organization in a front office role.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Credible valuation and modelling skills preferred.
- Genuine interest and enthusiasm for investments and markets.
- Confident in building relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Organisational skills including project work.
- Ability to deliver to deadlines.
- Proven track record in report writing and presentation skills.
- The ability to communicate complex work to a wider audience through effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Undergraduate degree
- Master's degree or professional qualification (ACA, CFA, CAIA etc.) preferred