Junior Portfolio Manager/Quant Analyst - Equities
Job title: Junior Portfolio Manager/Quant Analyst - Equities
Corporate title: Associate/Assistant Vice President
DWS has a truly global and integrated investment platform with a strong foot print in the US, in EMEA and in APAC. With our presence on the ground in 17 locations, we are covering the most important financial markets in the world. Our investment platform employs approximately 900 investment professionals (excluding product specialists), not only covering the most important financial markets and regions, but also the most important asset classes.
Our investment process is global, consistent and transparent, with our investment activities underpinned by a substantial global research capability. Building on our proprietary research, DWS publishes the CIO View, which contains our house view on macroeconomic topics, our financial market forecasts, our outlooks for individual asset classes, our model multi asset allocations, and our views on market risks.
- Carrying out portfolio construction (optimization/ sampling) and trade implementation
- Supporting the management of clients flows efficiently
- Managing investment and risk exposures
- Monitoring index changes and corporate actions
- Overseeing the Net Asset Value (NAV), Portfolio Composition File (PCF) reconciliations and performance attribution analysis
- Participating in product launches and idea generation, with the Product Development and the Research teams
- Participating in client development activities with the Sales teams
- Implementing portfolio management circuits and processes
- Supporting the development of the Technology platform, serving the investment function
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong Equities product knowledge with exposure to Index, Passive/Synthetic or Derivative instruments
- An understanding of Equity 'Smart Beta' strategies is beneficial
- Proficient in Microsoft office, Bloomberg, Reuters, Factset, Aladdin and optimization systems such as Barra, Bloomberg PORT
- Strong Quantitative Programming skills including Python are essential. Additional languages such as VBA, Matlab, C++ and R would be beneficial
- Relevant education such as an MSc / PhD in a relevant subject such as Finance, Maths, Physics, Computer Science, Econometrics, Statistics or Engineering, or the equivalent work experience or qualifications
- Post-graduate or international equivalent experience and Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) qualifications are beneficial
- Experience in a front office quantitative function on the 'Buy or 'Sell' side with modelling, pricing and risk management skills
Diversity, inclusion and mutual respect are essential elements of who we are. These values define the working environment we strive to create - engaging, supportive and welcoming of different views. We believe innovation stems from intellectual curiosity alongside the right mix of skills and talents. Therefore, we embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds. The company promotes equality of opportunity and encourages the development of all employees to their full potential. We are open to agile working arrangements - talk to us about flexibility and other initiatives we offer.
We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and national or ethnic origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We aim to treat all employees in a fair and consistent manner, promote good working relationships to encourage high standards of conduct and performance within a work environment free from harassment, bullying and discrimination.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.