FX Structurer - Associate / VP
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Fixed Income Division is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution.
Professionals in the Division assess and actively manages risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Commodities Division is a market
leader across a broad range of commodities markets, with expertise in areas including client risk management, financing solutions and investor products Sales & Trading.
From the largest global institutions to innovative new hedge funds, investors come to Morgan Stanley for sales, trading, and market-making services in almost every type of financial instruments including stocks, bonds, derivatives, foreign exchange, and commodities. Our professionals provide liquidity and content to clients around the world, actively assessing and managing risk, trading securities, and planning and executing transactions in the fast-changing markets. As the needs of our clients become increasingly complex, we often develop customized solutions.
• Vice President position within the FX Structuring Team (DSP-FX)
• Providing intellectual capital to the FX and Macro sales force in the form of trade ideas, risk management analysis, market commentary
• Pricing and modelling FX derivatives like (but not only) Average Rate Options, TARF, Accumulators, Multicurrency Options, Correlations Products
• Pricing FX hybrids
• Assessing Capital and CVA requirements of specific transactions
• Working closely with FX Options and Hybrids trading desk in defining trading charges and discussing book hedging strategies
• Coordinate the execution process across multiple desks, from sales to trading, legal and other internal functions, as well as interface with our clients
• A relevant degree in a mathematical subject or equivalent
• Having passed all levels of the CFA is highly advantageous
• Substantial previous experience as an FX Structurer within a top tier firm
• Solid understanding of different aspects of the FX market and FX derivatives: hedge accounting, currency overlay, volatility smile/skew etc.
• Experience working across both the Liability side/ Hedging and the Asset side
• Good knowledge of FX products including: First and Second generation of Exotics
• A good balance of quantitative, commercial and communication skills is required as the candidate is expected to be involved in marketing complex products across Europe.
• The candidate shall spend most of her/his time on highly tailor made and bespoke transactions, hence is expected to have a solution driven mind-set and to add value across each phase of the project.
• Excellent programming skills (Excel/VBA essential)
The salary for the role is competitive
The closing date for the role is 20/02/2019
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.