Market Research Manager, GIMS EMEA
This individual will generate market and competitive insights to inform and guide key strategic business decisions and marketing strategy of GIMS EMEA. This includes leading and developing best practices in competitor and product intelligence, market analysis, including country and opportunity analysis, brand tracking, customer satisfaction research, market and prospect segmentation, and client analysis across a variety of sectors. They will partner closely with regional leadership teams on research and analytic agendas and act as a key strategic resource that supports strategic business planning and product prioritisation with the leadership teams. This individual would manage a team including 2 FTEs based in London.
- Lead and oversee assigned research and analytics and activities in GIMS: Leverages resources on GIMS market research team in EMEA and shared services to deliver qualitative and quantitative research and analytics to support GIMS EMEA business initiatives. Provides direct oversight to research and analysis projects by developing the research and/or analytic brief and then provides research design advice, data, and analysis. Integrates the various inputs to identify insights about markets and client needs and behavior with important business implications. Communicates insights in a variety of forms and with EMEA leadership team about business implications of insights. Leads initiatives to experiment intelligently with cutting edge research techniques and pilots.
- Works with Head of GIMS EMEA Marketing on the process that sets and manages the research agenda for GIMS: Partners with the regional leadership teams to develop a research and analytic agenda with a focus on insight generation. Ensures alignment with overall GIMS and TRP Market Research strategy and best practices. Guides and shapes research and competitive intelligence efforts and integrates into the fabric of the organisation to deliver business results and support evolving strategic priorities.
- Identifies and manages external research and data provider vendors. Ownership of EMEA Research budget.
- Leading and manage team including two reports: Formulate current and any future state structure for the team and agree roles and responsibilities. Identifies skills gaps, coaching requirements and development opportunities. Performance management, independent development plan and compensation discussions.
- Identifies and develops opportunities for research leverage across GIMS and across TRP: Builds and maintain partnerships with our Market Research and Product Marketing colleagues across the Globe to ensure alignment on research priorities and effective integration of insights into business actions and processes. Works/leads on cross-business unit research and strategic projects. This may involve travel on occasion.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Academic excellence
- At least ten years market research experience in Financial Services / Fund Management
- MBA, CFA or equivalent qualification would be beneficial
- Strong equity, fixed interest and multi-asset class understanding and experience
- Strong track records in people management with experience identifying and developing talent
- Previous exposure working in a Global organization across multiple time zones
- Analytical experience in a financial services firm preferred
- Marketing experience in a financial services firm preferred
- Experience in management consulting would be helpful
- Languages an advantage