Junior Portfolio Manager
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19003314
The main purpose of the role is to support CIM Portfolio Managers in their daily activities, with specific focus on Latin American sourced accounts. It is envisaged that the individual will gain a solid overview of all aspects of the fund management process with a long term objective of assuming lead portfolio management responsibilities.
Citi Private Bank is a trusted advisor to the world's wealthiest, most influential individuals and families. Like Citi's government, institutional and multinational corporate clients, Citi Private Bank clients receive bespoke service and access to the best ideas and solutions tailored to their unique needs and aspirations. A part of Citi's Institutional Clients Group, Citi Private Bank offers a wide range of products and services covering capital markets, managed investments, portfolio management, trust and estate planning, investment finance and banking. Among its select clients are a third of the world's billionaires, many of whom are globally minded entrepreneurs with an expectation of an institutional level of service, who take advantage of Citi's holistic approach to wealth management.
Citi Private Bank is represented by more than 1,000 private bankers, investment professionals and product specialists across a network of 90 offices in 33 countries and over 128 currencies worldwide, making it the most global private bank.
The Junior Portfolio Manager's role will involve the following activities:
- Gaining a full and detailed understanding of CIM's systems and procedures
- Understanding trade execution, settlement and cash management process
- Understanding account opening process in detail
- Gaining an understanding of legal, tax and regulatory issues affecting CIM portfolios
- Monitoring portfolio positioning (both tactical and strategic) on assigned accounts
- Understanding and participating in trade generation process
- Gaining a full understanding of CIM investment process and solutions
- Contributing in CIM strategy meetings and in day-to-day investment interaction with CPB colleagues. CIM strategy meetings may include weekly Fixed Income and Global Equity calls as well as Manager selection committee meetings
- Preparing client proposals and reviews
- Attending meetings with bankers, ICs and clients
- Keeping up-to-date with Citi's and CPB's investment views
- Assisting in promoting CIM among bankers and ICs
- Supporting the Portfolio Managers with the quarterly oversight and product review process
- Providing general day-to-day support to the portfolio management team.
- Undertaking ad hoc projects for Portfolio Managers and CIM leadership
Strong Excel skills essential (ideally with the ability to write macros), Power Point and ideally knowledge of Bloomberg and Charles River
Fluency in English, Spanish and Portuguese is required.
- Graduate level position with extensive years of investment experience
- CFA preferred
- Fascinated by financial markets
- Highly motivated and driven to succeed
- Team player in a small team with diverse individuals
- Able to work across geographies / regions
- Excellent numeracy and IT skills
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to quickly understand complex issues
- Ability to quickly gain respect from colleagues and clients
Candidates applying for this role must be aware that it is a Certified Role, subject to the Certification Regime.
The Certification Regime is one element of the Individual Accountability Regime which has come into effect on 7 March 2016.
Under the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must ensure that employees working in certain roles categorised as specified significant harm functions (Certified Roles) are assessed as fit and proper to carry out their role.
Under the guidance provided by the FCA and PRA, firms should have regard to the following when assessing fitness and propriety:
• Honesty, integrity and reputation
• Financial soundness
• Competence and capability
In order to comply with the requirements of the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must take reasonable care to ensure that an employee does not perform a Certified Role without first being certified as Fit and Proper. For this reason, you will be assessed for this role against the Fit and Proper requirements, as described above.
This assessment will be carried out through extensive interviews, self-disclosures, permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and other background checks.
If hired for this role, you will also be required to complete an annual declaration regarding your Fitness and Propriety.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read the information above and that you are applying for a Certified Role. You also agree to Citi carrying out any additional screening required, including permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and any other background checks.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer.