GCT Finance Technical Business Partner
Group Corporate Treasury (GCT) supports the Group Board in developing and maintaining the appropriate balance sheet structure to meet the Board's desired Capital, Funding/Liquidity and Structural Market Risk appetite.
You'll be joining GCT Finance, where we support the delivery of insightful MI to the desk and other key colleagues including senior executives, so that the GCT teams (including Group Capital Management, Funding & Liquidity and Balance Sheet Management) can deliver on their strategic aims. We're the point of contact and interface for finance related queries raised by the business desk. Using our commercial and technical insight, we provide enriched analysis on desk performance.
Would you like to further develop your skills, as a Technical Business Partner for the Front Office?
You'll own the relationship with the GCT Front Office, for Balance Sheet Management. This will cover all aspects of the P&L and balance sheet, along with producing commentary and communicating your findings to your Front Office colleagues. In short, you'll be a functional specialist, offering influential insight and advice across areas including Balance Sheet Optimisation, the Rates desk for GCT and the XVA desk. Your key accountabilities will also include:
- Providing guidance and advice on business activity.
- Proactively challenging the business desk on their performance and activities.
- Producing insightful and value-add MI to aid business decisions.
- Offering technical insight and industry knowledge.
- Using your knowledge and network to source data and provide deep dive analysis as required.
- Supporting business transactions, providing accounting advice as appropriate.
- Engaging closely with the desks to effectively understand their trading strategies and risks.
What can you bring to the role?
You'll be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or similar) and whilst additional relevant qualification (i.e. CFA, IMC, ACT) would be beneficial, they're not essential. You're deeply analytical, with a real eye for detail and accuracy. And you're accustomed to delivering to deadlines. Your technical expertise will also cover:
- A well-developed understanding of banking & treasury business and their key performance drivers.
- In depth knowledge of Balance Sheet Optimisation, Rates and XVA
- A holistic understanding of the Treasury function, including Money Markets, Liquid Asset Portfolio, Intergroup and divisional funding and securitisations.
- Detailed market and industry knowledge.
- Being adept at applying your finance and accountancy skills in a commercially focused role
- Ability to articulate complex financials to a wide range of colleagues.
- Previous exposure to strategy and planning
- SME level MI reporting capability, including analysing and interpreting data to support in making commercial business decisions.
You have well-honed influencing and engagement skills and are able to communicate and influence at all levels. You're accustomed to working autonomously, but your collaborative style will lend itself to working across multiple business and locations. You're a fast learner and adept at flexibly adapting your style, as the environment requires.
You'll relish the opportunity to build on your existing experience in this key role within our team. Alongside your technical expertise, your relationship building and management skills will be at the forefront of your contribution.
In return, you'll enjoy our total dedication to your ongoing personal and professional development. So if you have the skills we're looking for, we'd love to hear from you. We'll help you perform at your best today, so you can fulfil all your potential in the future.
It is a very exciting time to join LBG. Together we'll continue our market leading, ground breaking transformation and you'll help us realise the Group's vision to become the Best Bank for Customers. Here, you'll grow as a person and develop your career. In addition to the salary quoted, the position also offers:
- Car / Car allowance
- Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution
- A flex benefits cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle (4% on top of your basic salary)
- Private health cover
- Share schemes
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
Lloyds Banking Group is committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
Did you know we've won awards?
We've gained industry recognition including Stonewall Top 100 Employer, Top 30 Employer for Working Families, Gold Standard 2014 from the Business Disability Forum and Top 50 Employer for Women.