Fixed Income Portfolio Manager
- We are looking for a portfolio manager to join the Fixed Income Beta Solutions Investment Team within State Street Global Advisors in London. You will join a dynamic, successful, collaborative team of investment professionals, managing SSGA's index fixed income portfolios and bringing market-leading solutions to our clients.
The global Fixed Income team comprises a team of over 110 investment professionals in seven global locations. The global team manages $817 billion in active and indexed fixed income, cash and currency mandates (as of December 31, 2017) across a broad spectrum of products on behalf of a wide range of clients.
State Street Global Advisors is one of the industry's largest institutional asset managers is the investment management arm of State Street Bank and Trust Company a wholly owned subsidiary of State Street Corporation a leading provider of financial services to institutional investors.
We employ a diverse group of investment professionals within our 26 worldwide locations and 10 investment centres. As an organization we are committed to corporate social responsibility. Active engagement with our communities around the world both as a partner and a leader is a fundamental value at State Street.
What we need you to do:-
- Manage a range of indexed fixed income funds, including segregated accounts, mutual funds and SPDR ETFs.
- Analyse and improve our investment processes, to ensure industry leading processes, performance and tracking.
- Analyse data and market colour to help design strategies around significant index events and market developments, and ensure consistent implementation across portfolios
- Contribute to developing innovative ETF portfolio management processes, working closely with the ETF Capital Markets and Product teams.
- Manage risk effectively from a multitude of angles. Understand how important the effective management of risk is, and work closely with colleagues in investment and operational risk to improve the quality of portfolio management we can offer to our clients.
- Maintain the highest possible fiduciary standards.
Who you are:
- Passionate about ETFs, Index investing and Smart Beta.
- Numerate and comfortable working quantitatively.
- An organised, positive, self-starter, who wants to be part of a successful, diverse team.
- Advanced IT skills, including Excel.
- Committed to investment excellence, with strong attention to detail, and a collaborative attitude.
- Candidates should be a CFA charter holder, or willing to complete the CFA after joining.