Investment Compliance Advisory Consultant
Working with M&G Prudential as an Investment Compliance Advisory Consultant means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to become the best loved and most successful savings & investments business.
The forthcoming planned de-merger of M&G Prudential from the Prudential Group PLC provides a terrific opportunity to create a truly international and integrated savings and investments firm. A firm built on a rich and long history and with a commitment to an innovative future centred on the needs of customers and clients. There is a genuine opportunity to drive competitive advantage with value creation through the formation of this new organisation.
If you're inspired to join us, and have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you've been looking for.
An opportunity has arisen to join us in London as an Investment Compliance Advisory Consultant.
The team provides professional and timely Compliance advice to M&G's institutional investment management business in a clear and constructive manner, ensuring that the business understands its regulatory and legislative responsibilities - "helping the business to build compliance into their processes and controls"
As Investment Compliance Advisory Consultant you will:
- Advise and support the business (front and back office) in relation to processes, systems and controls to meet their regulatory obligations and institutional product regulation in both a project environment and ad hoc queries
- Continuously seek to improve advice, compliance processes and controls
- Support a range of ongoing regulatory change and implementation projects (e.g. MiFID II, SFTR, market abuse)
- Advise on UK and non-UK regulatory requirements and the FCA Handbook (e.g. SYSC, COBS, MAR, SUP, etc.)
- Work closely with the Regulatory Liaison and Development team on upcoming regulatory developments
- Provide technical input with regards to the development of regulatory training (e.g. market abuse, information barriers, conflicts of interest)
- Support the review and ongoing maintenance of M&G Group wide policies
- Support input into the delivery of regular Compliance Department reporting to relevant Boards and governance committees
- Develop positive and professional working relationships within the Investment Management business, Risk, Compliance and Group-wide Internal Audit departments
- Work with Marketing and Distribution Advisory, M&G Real Estate Compliance and overseas Compliance Officers to ensure consistency of advice
- Work with the Compliance Monitoring and Assurance team, and first line control teams to provide advice on their surveillance, monitoring and oversight responsibilities
- Work closely with the Compliance Framework & Operations team and the Regulatory Liaison and Development team to understand the impact of forthcoming legislative / regulatory change and the need to update Compliance policies and procedures
To succeed in this role you will have:
- Experience of delivering Compliance advice in an institutional asset management or sell-side/broker environment. Equivalent experience within a consulting environment or regulatory body may be considered
- Knowledge and awareness of UK and European regulatory environment and their impacts on a UK based fund manager
- Product knowledge (including a good spread of liquid and illiquid products) especially with a good understanding of front office processes
- Relevant investment management qualification (e.g. Investment Management Certificate, Investment Operations Certificate, CFA) or relevant Compliance qualification (e.g. International Compliance Association, Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment)
- Ability to analyse complex and evolving positions and ability to express concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Commercially aligned and pragmatic approach to provision of advice
- Desire to work in a collaborative, dynamic and agile environment
People who work at M&G Prudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It's also an innovative, high-performing, commercial environment that's totally focused on customers. As an M&G Prudential colleague you'll get all the support you'd expect, including full training and professional development. You'll receive a competitive salary and reward package. And in a fast-changing world, you'll join an organisation that's leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals.
M&G Prudential is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple - to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.