You will be responsible for conducting research into possible bond investments as well as monitoring existing holdings. The provision of high quality research is vital in ensuring the business invests its assets appropriately
Specific duties will include:
- Developing knowledge & skills needed for fixed income research
- Analysis of individual securities and classes of securities, and other topics as required
- Recommend and maintain information on credit ratings of corporate agencies
- Assist with the preparation of internal and external investment presentations
- Contribute to departmental discussions on fund strategy, economics, asset allocation etc.
- Continue own development, especially credit research skills, in line with the Division's objectives
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum 2:1 degree in a numerate subject or equivalent together with strong interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude.
- You will have some experience of doing credit or equity research and be willing to study for the CFA or equivalent (e.g. a Chartered Accountant)
- Together with the above you will be solidly numerate and have excellent time management skills required to meet deadlines. You will also have strong analytical skills together with the ability to gather information and use it to draw sound conclusions. Alongside this, you will be able to make clear written and oral presentations and plan and organise your work to a good standard