Prudential Capital Manager
• Advising clients on the impact of the changing regulatory landscapes on their business models and supporting them through that change.
• Providing regulatory capital and related prudential subject-matter expertise on engagements run by others, in particular to Banking Authorisation projects.
• Assistant to Manage and deliver engagements (which might include multi-disciplinary engagements), which would typically include gap analysis, transformational support, remediation, training and authorisation assistance.
• Developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients and building an external network.
• Developing and maintaining strong relationships with KPMG colleagues and building an internal network.
• Active mentoring, coaching and development of junior colleagues.
• Playing a role in business development for the Regulatory Team and wider business, which might include building of propositions and taking these to market as well as identifying opportunities for on-sell from existing client engagements.
• Playing a role in research, insight development and knowledge management.
• The delivery of all client work/internal projects to a high standard.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Knowledge of the PRA's approach to regulatory capital management, capital reporting and related prudential issues.
• Knowledge of the PRA's and the FCA's Supervisory Frameworks.
• Regulatory/operational experience of the FCA's and/or PRA's requirements covering corporate governance, assurance frameworks, organisational systems/controls and key customer interfaces.
• The ability to be flexible and work across a number of sectors within the financial services industry.
• Industry recognised qualification (e.g. CISI, CFA etc.) desirable but not essential.
• Active listener.
• Effective oral and written communicator (the role will involve report writing).
• Planning and project management skills.
• Issue identification and problem-solving skills.
• Proven ability to achieve results, even when faced with obstacles or setbacks.
• Positive and flexible attitude to work and a willingness to embrace new initiatives.
• Networking, influencing and stakeholder management.
• Confident and highly motivated individual.
• Flexibility to work across the UK (and internationally) where required.
Experience and Knowledge:
• Substantial relevant banking sector experience
• Experience of prudential regulation, ICAAP preparation, capital regulation and reporting.
• Experience of working in a professional services firm or in a regulatory environment (eg a regulated firms' compliance department or PRA/FCA).
• Demonstrable record of project management.
• Demonstrable record of issue identification and problem solving.
• Demonstrable record of delivering high-quality outputs on time/within budget.
• Demonstrable record of balancing commercial and compliance considerations desirable but not essential.