Associate, Sales - Institutional Equity Research Sales
- Maintain a current working knowledge of the Cowen research product and the US markets, in order to provide a superior level of support to both our sales force and clients
- Liaising with equity research analysts, hosting corporates and participating in marketing and roadshow events which could involve significant overseas travel
- Liaising with our research team to provide market and stock analysis
- Maintenance of client contact details
- Identify, prioritise and develop existing and new business opportunities
- Monitor news stories and noteworthy events for specific assigned sectors and / or stocks, and to ensure that these are distributed as necessary
- Ad-hoc projects as and when required
- A strong desire/interest to work in sales or have a demonstrable track record in sales.
- Educated to degree level, preferably a science/mathematics or finance-based qualification.
- Ability to use initiative, be proactive, and work efficiently without supervision.
- Has demonstrated the ability to build strong and positive working relationships, internally and externally of an organisation.
- Good level of organisation skills, proven ability to juggle many tasks at the same time whilst knowing how to prioritise.
- Intellectual curiosity - a drive and enthusiasm to learn about all market sectors and industries.
- Knowledge of global financial markets - market themes, general awareness of big news items, and basic knowledge of the sales/ trading/ investment banking functions of a bank.
- Bloomberg experience preferred.
- Any further financial qualifications useful (CFA Level 1, Investment Mgmt. Certificate, ACA).
- Must be authorised to work in the UK.