Product Control VP - Global P&L Attribution Analysis GPO Team
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Finance
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19029532
Job Purpose :
Product Control is a global control function within Citi Finance and is responsible for the accounting and financial reporting of a trading desk or business product. Product Control reports daily and monthly revenues and is responsible for key controls over data integrity and reconciliations, PandL and Balance Sheet reporting, PandL attribution analysis (PAA), new activity review, valuation control and some aspects of regulatory reporting.
In this role, the candidate will be a member of a newly created Global Product Control PAA GPO Team. PAA is one of the key tools in enabling Finance to gain understanding and insight into trading desk revenues. PAA is the formalized process of explaining reported revenue with reference to underlying risk drivers and has become a significant area of focus both internally and externally given recent changes in regulation. The candidate will be part of a team responsible for global co-ordination of all areas of PAA process, procedure, controls and governance, driving change and improvement, within a key area for Citi. The individual will be aligned with the global Commodities business with respect to these responsibilities.
The department is organised into product-aligned teams. The product scope is comprehensive, contains of investment and institutional banking products, includes cash, derivative, as well as structured and exotic variants of the following asset classes; credit, FX, equity, money markets and rates.
We offer unique opportunity to get to know all the full range of institutional and investment banking products in the working practice of a globally leading multinational financial services conglomerate.
Our Budapest office is deeply integrated part of the EMEA regional hub, establishing direct contact with the business and finance areas in the regional centre.
The primary aim of the team is to define and drive implementation of a sustainable, consistent and standardized end-to-end PAA reporting and control framework.
This role will act as global coordinator for the global Commodities Product Control team, with aim to:
• Define, document and drive implementation of an end-to-end PAA process for the Commodities business globally
• Ensure timely and complete production of PL/PAA affirmations
• Target de-minimus unexplained
• Target residual • Drive reduction of PAA adjustments
• Complete Policy and Procedures
• Deliver a strategic plan for PAA beyond 2017
• Communication and training for any key Policy or process changes
• Provide input to Citi PAA Steering Committee materials and minutes
• Define and drive implementation of robust governance framework
The role will involve daily interaction with other managers throughout the global organization, including but not limited to Directors and/or Managing Directors of Finance, trading desks, risk management, business unit management teams.
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to learn more about investment banking products to complement their skills set
• The candidate will have the opportunity to manage a team in an international banking environment including close interaction with other regions
Knowledge and Experience:
• Good understanding of Investment Banking Products.
• Good financial accounting skills
• Extensive years experience in financial controls, accounting
• Evidence of strong control focus.
• Ability to interpret financial information.
• Ability to negotiate and strong people skills.
• Strong technical product/ valuation knowledge, with particular focus on Commodities products.
• Solid knowledge of and a proven interest in PAA
• Project management experience
• Excellent spoken and written English
• Strong mathematical or analytical background
• Keen attention to detail.
• Strong communication skills - written and oral.
• Strong MS Office Excel skills a mus. PowerPoint and other financial systems knowledge are pluses;
• Strong control mindset - able to determine strategic direction and influence the control framework
• Good understanding of regulations in the area of PAA
• Bachelor's degree required, Finance and / or Accounting degree preferred;
• Advanced degree, Professional Accounting qualification and/or CFA a big plus;
• Excellent interpersonal skills - able to deal with a range of senior/junior staff across a number of departments of the Corporate Investment Bank.
• Must manage multiple tasks while meeting deadlines and working under pressure;
• Pro-active, able to manage time, people and issues
• Candidate will be expected to demonstrate strong leadership abilities and decision making skills.
• Self starter who proactively seeks to improve existing controls and streamline processes both from a tactical short term viewpoint, and also from a strategic long term perspective, and implement these initiatives to completion. Goals and solutions oriented
• A high calibre individual with strong communication skills, both written and oral. Attention to detail and the ability to meet reporting and project deadlines.
• Someone who can hit the ground running, and can operate independently once deliverables specified.
• Able to influence others without authority and interact across all levels of the organization required;
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer