Brief Description of Role
Working closely with the Fund Manager, the role holder will operate as a generalist on the firm’s core US Equity Portfolios as well as core Global Portfolio.
Fundamental equity research and analysis on individual stocks that supports all portfolios and funds.
Producing and maintaining equity research in compliant with EFGAM’s stock selection process.
Communicating research and results.
Assist with marketing all product
Duties / responsibilities
- Identify, analyse and articulate stock investment ideas using fundamental stock analysis focusing on US equities
- Participate in meetings and conference calls with company management and investor relations
- Support analysis and understanding of stocks within the portfolios run at EFGAM
- Produce and maintain research notes and spreadsheet models associated in compliance with EFGAM stock selection process, keeping abreast of company and market developments as required
- Perform and write up other research as required, including analysis that supports other aspects of EFGAM process such as asset allocation or that may be of general interest
- Attend relevant industry conferences
- Assist with marketing equity products internally and externally
- Communicate research and results to team members and the rest of EFG as appropriate
- Provide analysis to portfolio managers, CROs and other relevant parts of EFG
- Liaise with the sales and marketing department - providing stock selection marketing material
- Liaise with Client Relationship Officers and provide information to them
Equity Team Support
- Support the qualitative and quantitative processes and needs of the team
- Prepare the monthly risk meeting reports
- Use Factset and other IT tools to provide ad-hoc bespoke reports and update current reports/data downloads
- Ensure data integrity across platforms
Additionally, all staff are expected to:
- Keep their knowledge up-to-date regarding market and regulatory developments, as appropriate to their role
- Treat customers fairly and act in their best interest offering a transparent, efficient and professional service
- Familiarise themselves with the Individual Accountability (IAR) Framework as well as undertake annual training on Conduct Rules (Tier 1)
Line Managers also must:
- be competent in identifying and escalating suspected Conduct Breaches within their departments
- immediately escalate to Head of HR, Head of Compliance and the relevant ManCo member the suspected Conduct Rule breach in their department.
You are responsible for delivering on your risk management responsibilities, as set out in the 3 Lines of Defence standard.
The following are the risks you are responsible for, as appropriate to your role and the boundaries of your authority:
Managing Observing N/A Market Risk - the risk of potential financial loss due to an adverse change in market variables such as foreign exchange rates, interest rates, equity prices, commodity prices or volatilities Liquidity Risk - the risk that EFGL will be unable to fund assets or meet obligations at reasonable cost or at all Counterparty Risk - the risk of loss due to the default of an issuer of EFG Client Credit Risk - the risk of loss due to the default by a client of EFG Strategic Risk - the risk of damage to EFG’s reputation of the “brand”, arising from adverse perceptions by its stakeholders of any association, action or inaction of any part of the EFGI Group Conduct Risk - the risk that harm is caused to our clients, our business or industry because of inappropriate judgement exercised in advancing our business strategy Regulatory Compliance Risk - the risk of financial sanction, license withdrawal, license scope limitation or other sanctions from the regulator, or adverse reputational impact as a result of EFG not complying with applicable laws, internal or external regulation or restrictions Reputational Risk - the risk of adverse impact to earnings, capital, market share and/or share price resulting from an unfavourable perception of the identity of the EFGI Group/ the Bank) by its stakeholders Operational Risk- the risk of loss resulting from inadequate or failed internal processes, people and systems or from external events (This includes Legal Risk) Person Specification Required knowledge, skills and experience:
- Demonstrable experience of successfully working with bottom-up fundamental equity research at long only asset management firms.
- Extensive understanding of businesses and naturally engaged by business analysis.
- Strong demonstrable experience and skills in financial modelling and business valuation.
- Strong team player
- Portfolio construction experiences desirable
- Proven track-record of generating stock recommendations.
- Depth of knowledge of accounting, finance, economic and the regulatory environment.
- Passion for stock picking and investing.
- Degree in a relevant subject (or equivalent experience)
- Ideally CFA qualified but will also consider part qualified.
- Analytical thinking and decision making
- Strong attention to detail
- Open-minded; intellectually curious; collegial
- Self-started, motivated, inquisitive and intellectually curious team-player
- Strong, demonstrable communication skills (verbal and written)
This job description is non-contractual and provided for guidance only. It will be updated and amended from time to time in accordance with the changing needs of the Bank, regulatory expectations and the requirements of the job.
Additionally to the job description, the individual will be expected to comply with reasonable management instructions.