Sr. Principal, Product Management
- Leads Product Management, Product Development & Roll-out as well as Product Governance across a range of products that differentiate in scale and complexity. Within the Agile Development Framework, the Senior Principal in Product Management & Governance acts as one of the key stakeholders to drive strategic direction across a number of Scrum teams. Key focus of the role is to co-ordinate a horizontal approach across the agile delivery teams to ensure that technology deliverables can be transformed into product offerings and successful client on-boarding.
- Provides strategic direction to multiple teams of Product Management professional staff responsible for managing a range of products from product development to product roll-out, ensuring strong product governance, product approvals and risk reviews as well as product documentation for clients. Supports the development of departmental priorities. Allocates resources to support the achievement of business objectives and ensure alignment with the annual plan.
- Develops ideas for new products and generates buy-in from the business and internal stakeholders to integrate into pipeline. Considered to be an expert in the field and provides functional insight and project management to support the solution of complex, operational and organizational problems.
- Oversees strategy design behind product development and delivery. Ensures strategies align with departmental priorities and annual plan. Leverages strong market knowledge to integrate the demands of various regions and stay ahead of competitors.
- Interacts directly with key leaders across the business and external customers to negotiate and market BNY Mellon's offerings. Demonstrates in-depth and comprehensive knowledge of teams capabilities and an understanding of all products, the marketplace and client needs to drive product growth/development and maximize profitability.
- Seen as a firm expert on multiple products and product portfolios that are of strategic importance to the firm.
- Provides oversight around the development of product management roadmaps and ensures alignment with organization functional business plans. Supports and funds projects and products.
- Responsible for revenue goals, profitability, and pricing for a range of products along with capital and operating budgets.
- Takes an active role in the development and coaching of Product Managers.
- No direct reports.
- Provides guidance to less experienced colleagues as needed. Leads others on project teams and assists management to operationalize functional or business objectives.
- Contributes to the achievement of functional objectives.
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
- Experience in Product Management, operations, client management and strong project management skills preferred.
- MBA or CFA preferred.
- Product Leadership Certification preferred.
- Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business.
- Experience in the area of asset mobilization in the collateral ecosystem and strong understanding of the custody chain is preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Global Markets
Internal Jobcode: 70659
Organization: Global Collateral Management-HR07720
Requisition Number: 1908552