Investment Director Real Assets Alternative Debt (RAAD)
4 days left
- Exciting opportunity with Australia's largest pension fund
- New role based in London with a company growing globally
- Involved in transacting new investment opportunities and ongoing loan investment management
AustralianSuper is Australia's largest pension fund with more than GBP 90/ AUD 165 billion of funds under management, and we're growing quickly. Key to our continued success has been our global investment strategy, which has seen us expand our internalised investment operations into new geographies, while continuing to develop our portfolio into new asset classes and markets.
Here's where you come in...
To support the growth of AustralianSuper we are seeking an Investment Director - Real Assets Alternative Debt (RAAD) to lead the implementation of the RAAD Portfolio Strategy in Europe. Real Assets sitting across infrastructure and property sectors, and typically subordinated or mezzanine financings. This role represents an outstanding opportunity to take primary responsibility for transacting new investment opportunities and ongoing loan investment management.
In this role, you will:
- Source and originate new direct loan investment opportunities that meet the RAAD Portfolio Strategy and manage execution of these new opportunities.
- Assist in the effective execution of the RAAD strategy within Mid Risk.
- More broadly provide support across the Mid Risk portfolio strategies.
- Build and maintain close relationships with relevant sponsors, borrowers, corporates, advisers and investment ban
- Significant experience in credit assessment in a banking, finance or a credit funds management role.
- Significant experience within either infrastructure and/or property lending.
- Experience of leading loan transaction executions across large and complex opportunities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in a market facing role with network and relationship management.
- Ability to accurately identify key investment issues and effectively communicate them within the team and to approval committees.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Strong quantitative financial modelling skills.
- Advanced use of MS Office products especially Excel.
- Significant experience exercising a personal delegated lending authority preferred.
- A degree or equivalent qualification and ideally be CFA qualified.
We believe embracing diversity in thought and perspective helps introduce new and better ways of doing business, delivering better outcomes for our members.
If you would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit members, please apply now!
Please note, this role is deemed to be an Access Person role. Disclosure and Personal Trading requirements apply to the successful candidate
Agencies please note: this vacancy is being managed directly by AustralianSuper's Recruitment team. We will contact our preferred agency partners should we require additional support. Thank you .