Intern - Equity Research (3 months)
In your internship you will work closely with members of the equity team who will coach you and act as your mentors. They will allocate work to you, supervise you and provide ongoing feedback on your performance. They will act as a first point of contact for any queries or concerns you might have and also evaluate the success of your time with EFGAM at the end of your internship.
You will be working towards gaining practical skills and knowledge and improving understanding of a particular job or department. You will also familiarise yourself with the ways of working in the asset management industry, including meeting deadlines, working in a team and ways of communicating in a professional environment. Additionally, you will gain insight into the way organisations operate and the challenges they face. Finally, you will have an opportunity to start establishing a professional network.
You will be working with the Equity Research team which will involve providing support to the evaluation and selection of stocks, engaging in the preparation of investment documents for a variety of meetings and also supporting macro-economic research. The intern will also contribute with ad hoc projects involving data analysis and administrative duties.
- Assisting with data gathering, assessment and presentation of reports.
- Helping to produce documents, briefing papers and presentations.
- Learning how to use financial industry systems such as Bloomberg and Factset.
- Gain an introduction to the technical knowledge associated with equity markets, stock analysis and equity portfolio management.
- Produce meeting packs and minutes for departmental meetings.
- Attending meetings relevant research meetings with internal and external individuals.
- Supporting the team on research activities.
- Helping to arrange meetings with both list companies and research providers.
- Helping to develop and improve efficiency for the team.
- Ad hoc research projects to support the research of the team.
- Develop, improve and maintain Excel templates for research tools.
- Attending weekly team meetings.
- Follow and maintain procedures.
- Assisting with departmental projects and other duties as assigned.
Required knowledge, skills and experience
- Passion in business analysis is essential.
- Previous experience/exposure in the industry would be an advantage but is not a requirement.
- An interest in corporate finance, financial statement analysis, markets and investments.
- Experience with Microsoft Office packages. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is required.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Keen to learn.
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality at all times.
- Strong organisational and time management skills to meet deadlines set.
- Ability to work with a number of different people and manage own workload.
- Proactive to resolve issues and identify opportunities. A “can do” attitude.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work flexibly and proactively
- No specific professional qualifications required.
- Must have completed at least 2 years of a relevant university degree.