FaithInvest (www.faithinvest.org) is secular movement and membership not-for-profit organisation which works with religious groups and faith based investors. Our mission is to measurably grow the scale and impact of faith-consistent investing. Our vision is to achieve this by supporting faith-based asset owners - investment groups, philanthropies and faith-based NGOs - to become the major worldwide forces proactively engaged in faith-consistent investing with positive environmental and sustainable development outcomes.
Currently FaithInvest is developing access to many faith-based asset owning groups with a potential of influencing many billions - perhaps up to 1 trillion USD - of faith investments within eight faiths worldwide – Buddhist, Christian, Daoist, Hindu, Jewish, Muslim, Sikh and Shinto. Over the next one to two years we aim to develop over 100 members who are committed to shifting their portfolios to be more faith-consistent. We do not offer investment advice or run investment funds ourselves; our role is to partner with, support and amplify existing efforts, and to create new investment opportunities, by curating connections which facilitate portfolio shifts.
Membership Officers are responsible for finding potential members, bringing them on-board, deeply understanding their investment policies, practises, portfolios and organisational needs, and integrating them into the FaithInvest network.
Membership Officers report to the Membership Director.
The Officer will have responsibility for:
- Supporting the Membership Director in understanding members and curating interactions within the FaithInvest network:
- Collecting and maintaining key information about members - including current investment portfolios, organization structure (including board and governance structures), key priorities and focus areas
- Creating a strong relational link between each member and FaithInvest, regularly interacting to keep up-to-date with each member’s operations and encouraging formation of and participation in relevant working groups and other FaithInvest initiatives
- Identifying members’ common areas of focus for Research and Development
- Understanding each members’ specific capabilities and leveraging those for the benefit of others in the network
- Facilitating linkages between each member and the planned platform of investable projects
- Executing the membership drive:
- Reaching out, engaging with and presenting the benefits of FaithInvest to potential members
- Leveraging FaithInvest connections in order to initiate conversations with potential members
- Leveraging partner organisations, in conjunction with the Membership Director, in order to further drive membership and increase the visibility of FaithInvest
- Recruiting new members from new sources, engaging in research and outreach into the Asset Management industry (managers, consultants, intermediaries), in conjunction with the Membership Director
- Helping to deliver member services and the implementation of the membership programme:
- Advocating for members’ needs so that they are understood and prioritized
- Potentially leading specific working groups and project groups
- Helping in the creation of presentation materials
- Supporting the topical and technical preparation needed for webinars and working groups
Ideally the Officer will have demonstrable capabilities in:
- Engaging asset owners and developing understanding of their portfolios and needs
- Quickly assimilate the leading-edge concepts of today’s faith and ethics-based investing
- Engaging with asset managers and commercial investment professionals
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the role that core role faith, beliefs and values hold in faith based asset owners’ approach to their investments
- Collaborating effectively with people and teams of many faiths and cultures
We are not restricting the role to specific degrees or expertise. We welcome candidates who can demonstrate investment backgrounds either through education or experience.
Ideally the Officer will have:
- Client Service and Sales experience (preferably in the investment industry)
Experience with sophisticated clients with broad challenges and exposure to more technical client service roles would be helpful.
- Investments knowledge
Broad knowledge across multiple asset classes focused on integration of ESG, faith values and impact investments are a big plus. Understanding of asset owner needs and processes would be very helpful.
- Knowledge of faith-based asset owners
- Personal interest in and commitment to faith and values based investing
Location can be flexible, but we prefer to have Officers located close to major financial centers worldwide. FaithInvest is headquartered in the UK, and the role will require remote working as well as 15% - 25% travel. Compensation will vary with background and location, and we are anticipating paying along the accepted levels of the not-for-profit world.
We are aware that we are looking for a rare and special combination of talents and interests, and we will place a significant weight on an individual’s personal commitment to or interest in faith and ethics based investing.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Membership Officer Application”
Application deadline: 18th September 2020
More searches like this
- ESG/Socially Responsible Research Asset Owner CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Asset Owner CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Islamic Finance Asset Owner CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Relationship Management Asset Owner CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors