Head of European Real Estate - Sovereign Wealth - Abu Dhabi
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience
- To manage the activities of the pan‐European real estate team based from Abu Dhabi.
- To work as part of the global real estate team to manage the real estate portfolio effecting acquisitions, disposals, re‐financings, asset management and governance activities as necessary.
- To source, evaluate and assess suitable real estate investment opportunities, identifying those to bring forward for IC approval.
- Includes receiving and discussing opportunities with the fund manager/ advisor, reviewing related questionnaire responses, preparing evaluation reports and presenting to Real Estate Department Committee.
- Present clear recommendations with all supporting material and full due diligence with strong ability to assess opportunities for proceeding with an investment
- To lead the due diligence activity, structuring and negotiations of real estate investment opportunities, in consultation with internal and external supporting functions and advisers
- Preparation and presentation of IC recommendations
- For all real estate investments to undertake asset management oversight and monitoring to ensure the mandates are being undertaken in line with agreed strategy, risk parameters and governance framework.
- To understand and monitor the real estate portfolios performance and to make recommendations where necessary.
- To take up appointments on Investment Advisory Committees & Boards of Directors
- For non‐discretionary investments, to develop a comprehensive knowledge of the specific assets, marketplace and strategy to enable the efficient application of the discretionary control so as to generate optimal performance.
- To build and maintain relationships with key managers and operators in the pan‐European region to ensure the group has access to the best investment opportunities.
- To have an extensive knowledge of the pan‐European real estate markets and market participants including those in the UK, Germany, France etc
Education and Experience
- University Degree, preferably in Business or related field
- CFA, CAIA and/or MA/MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10-15 years' principal investing & asset monitoring experience focused on the pan European real estate markets
- Main focus in the UK and mainland/Continental Europe - Germany, France etc
- Previous experience in analysing and investing via joint venture opportunities strongly preferred.
- Good knowledge of European real estate markets (UK and continental Europe), market opportunities and key players.
- Portfolio construction and analysis comprising investment strategy, risk measurement and management.
- Sound legal knowledge (contracting with external fund managers) and negotiation skills.
- Working knowledge of the regulatory and tax regimes in the principal investment centres on a pan‐European basis.
- Understanding of different fund management approaches
- Sound understanding of all aspects of benchmarking performance.
- Outstanding analytical skills and intellectual capabilities
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with senior and junior staff from different cultural backgrounds.
- Strong communication skills: presents own recommendations in a concise, logical and convincing
- Fluent English with additional European language a benefit - French, German